Hospital bags. Have I forgotten anything crucial??

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,
I think I might have managed to pack my hospital bags. I'm hoping for a short stay and a waterbirth ideally. I only stayed in 2 nights with my dd after 3rd degree tear so hoping for less!! So have I forgotten anything crucial jn my brain addled state??

MY BAG
Dressing gown
Nighties x 2
Big vest top
4 x grannie pants
3 x disposable pants
2 x socks
Wash things - shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, face wash, toothbrush/paste/mouthwash, deodorant.
Hairbrush
Glucose tablets
Hair bobbles
Water spray
Pads x 10
Face wipes / baby wipes
Nipple cream/pads
Haven't bought my nursing bras yet!! And need to stick more snacks in.
Possibly taking pillow or v pillow??
Need to get tens machine back off my sis!!

BABY BAG
Long sleeved vests x 5
Blanket
Muslins
Nappies x 10
Cotton wall balls
Nappy bags
Dummy's
Outfit for going home.

You sound like you've pretty much got everything. Are you packing any baby grows or just vests? Also I would take some more nappies just incase xx

Think you've got everything sorted :)
Maybe some slippers for nipping the loo and yes baby grows xx

Definitely more nappies and baby clothes. Also maybe pop a note on it to remind you to grab your phone charger unless you have a spare you can stick in.

Brilliant. When I say vests I mean the ones with poppers underneath but no legs?!? I remember the hospital past time being stinking hot so she only wore those but I'll put more in in case. I'll put more nappies in too. And yes button I do need a charger cos oh swiped my spare to flog with an old phone. Hmmm. That's the sort of thing he'll prioritise though and we're only 10 mins from the hospytal so if he forgets he can nip back after the birth!!

I'd pack more pads and knickers, and defo lip balm! My lips were awful on the ward because it was so warm there x

Ooh yes lip balm I've packed a little tub of Vaseline too. Gas and air is really drying. Seriously how big are the bags you lady's are taking? There his seems to be sooo much!!!

I would definitely take baby grows. I put my daughter in a vest and baby grow even though the ward was hot, they get really cold because they're used to being all warm inside your uterus xx

Looks identical to my list apart from I'm taking :
flip flops to use as slippers (so they can be used In The shower also!)
Snacks for me
Camera/ iPad/ chargers etc

:flower:

I second the flip flops, hospital showers are always dirty!
I've also packed some straws so I can take sips of drinks easily during labour!
Also a baby blanket as they use the horrible hospital towels at the hospital I'm going to x

What is a tens machine??
omg munchkin you're getting so close I cant believe it!

I think you have got everything. I'm glad I read this as I have forgotten to put socks in and also I wouldn't have remembered my phone charger. I'm taking a couple of bottles of lucozade and loads of chocolates as well as some pringles! I'm also taking some lose trousers for coming home in as I always find that I simply can't stand to wear maternity clothes a second longer once I have given birth. I'm taking a tankini top as I'm hoping for a water birth.

Do the hospitals there not provide you with pads and diapers? I've also packed a change of clothes for dh along with chap stick, gum and scrapbook paper to have them put her feet prints on them for her scrapbook.

Wow... you ladies are so prepared... I need to start working on a list myself ;)

You ladies have just reminded me to put my tankini top in there(fingers crossed for a water birth), and small boxes of juice to sip on while I'm in labour. Ooohhhhh ladies don't forget to put your matwrnity notes on your lists too, I almost forgot mine last time 😂

Is it weird if I use a mini suitcase for dh and I as "our bag" and a diaper bag for babies items? The suitcase even rolls! 😅

I'm in the US and my hospital provides everything for baby and also pads for moms. So all I will bring for baby is nursing pillow, going home clothes and binkies cuz I dislike the hospital ones.

Aside from a lot of things on your list, I'm bringing my laptop and charger so that I can watch movies on Netflix (hospital TV channels are very limited!)

Aside from a lot of things on your list, I'm bringing my laptop and charger so that I can watch movies on Netflix (hospital TV channels are very limited!)

I brought so many things with me like iPad, kindle etc as I thought I would be 'bored'. Honestly if you're not getting induced and just go in to natural labour I wouldn't bother with it taking up all that room. You're too tired and you don't get time (unless you're in for days and days) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->