hospitals need to update their records in tears

spellfairy

Twins after loss
Reaction score
today i got a call from a frustrated nurse asking where i was, why had i missed my appointment for some glucose test... :( i had to explain id lost my baby at 19-21 weeks:( why dont they update records, this has pure set me back , in floods of tears...

this happened two weeks after when i went to get some iron tabs and the nurse says why are you here , did the midwife send you? i had to explain everything again... its sooo hard when people think your pregnant and your not any more:(

Oh that is tough alright and very annoying.

I got my letter for what would have been my first scan the week after my miscarriage- 7th March, so would have been today- it just hit me this morning when I heard the date.

getting the letter was like I got punched in the stomach though as it was so fresh at the time.

iam gutted and also gutted cos iam sooo empty and on a 2ww:( its awfulll

:hugs: for you, this sounds like a terrible thing to have to go through. I think a lot of problems come from lack of communication. I had an erpc at an epu following a mmc, a week later I went to see the doc and he had no idea why I was there which was hard. He said it was because all treatment was at the hosp not the docs.

yea i was told it prob was because i was in gynie and not maternity as i was classed as under 20 weeks:(

I'm sorry :( I know I got a payment plan bill in the mail after the fact for the delivery of the baby- um- that definitely hurt!

so sorry that happened to you.
with my 1st miscarriage the day i got back home after my d n c a letter was waiting for my 1st 12 week scan appointment. felt horrible. big hugs. xo

:hugs:so sorry spellfairy:hugs:
Its so sad that women everyday have to go through this. I had a similar experience when I had to go back and forth between two hospitals for the mmc they lost my notes and when I then had to go for my follow up scan the midwife thought I was there for a scan following delivery for retained products she asked me how my baby was doing. I did make a complaint to PALs (patient advice and liaison services) which every trust in england has. I suggested a standard pathway of care for any woman who has experienced loss. So we dont have to encounter these things. They have said to me my notes have a tear drop on them now and are clearly marked that I have had a miscarriage (with my consent) When you feel ready please do complain, things cannot be changed unless we do. I was so angry I could not keep my mouth shut.

Take care x x x

According to my EPAU they contact all relevant people so you don't get letters, phone calls etc. only time will tell.

I don't have much faith that they'll have done this as when I sadly had my baby at 16+6 weeks they managed to loose him. They did eventually find him at a hospital miles away, in the wrong department, where he'd been treated in a manner that we hadn't consented to and definitely wouldn't have wanted. Doesn't give you a lot of faith in these hospitals does it???

SassyLou that is horrific Im so sorry you had to go through that not to mention your precious baby. I cant get over it its awful. I can remember when I was on the ward going through the medical management procedure they assured me that any foetal tissue (note not babies) would be dealt with in a sensitive and caring manner and I believed them. So glad now I miscarried naturally at home.

SassyLou that is horrific Im so sorry you had to go through that not to mention your precious baby. I cant get over it its awful. I can remember when I was on the ward going through the medical management procedure they assured me that any foetal tissue (note not babies) would be dealt with in a sensitive and caring manner and I believed them. So glad now I miscarried naturally at home.

They reassured me of that too, we asked so many times how Archie would be treated and kept asking if he'd be treated like clinical waste, they reassured us he would be treated with dignity and respect. Well they didn't treat him like clinical waste they treated him like an unwanted tumour! At first they weren't going to let us collect him, until I kicked up a real fuss. When DH and myself went to collect him we had to go to a department called 'specimen reception'. He's my baby not a specimen! I insisted on looking at him to check it was him and it was, but I still have nightmares now and its 5 weeks since we lost him and just over 3 weeks since I saw him.

I do hope that the staff on the ward treated him appropriately (I'd like to think so), there is an investigation going on at the moment. Although it appeared when we collected him that there'd been an error in where he'd been sent, so a paperwork error. I think people need to be more careful, one small error can cause so much upset whether it be unwanted letters and phone calls or lost babies.

Thanks for replying, sometimes you run the story through your mind so much that you start to think you're over reacting until someone reminds you how horrific it is. xxx

:hugs:

Thats shocking.

Thats not standard procedure to call the patient to update records :wacko:

I am sorry thou.

V xxx

:hugs:

Thats shocking.

Thats not standard procedure to call the patient to update records :wacko:

I am sorry thou.

V xxx

I wouldn't have thought it was standard procedure to call the patients to update records, I'd have thought it would have been done at the time of the loss, I know my EPAU contact all the relevant people (midwives, ultrasound etc). You really would think they'd be more sensitive wouldn't you?

As I said before don't have much faith in them now though.

How are you by the way???

Love Sarah xxx

Sassy lou, yip my baby i thought was lost also:( we travelled a three hour round trip to discover hed been sent back to the hospital 30 mins from my house:( oh then one hour before his funeral they said oh no he is here... finally the wee mite got to rip:( minister was very understanding with us being late.

Sassy lou, yip my baby i thought was lost also:( we travelled a three hour round trip to discover hed been sent back to the hospital 30 mins from my house:( oh then one hour before his funeral they said oh no he is here... finally the wee mite got to rip:( minister was very understanding with us being late.

Spellfairy, thats so awful. Was it the hospital that lost your baby? Do you know how it happened (sorry for so many intrusive questions just can't believe how they can do this and trying to piece things together, I understand if you don't want to answer). Gosh I hope its not the same hospital!

I must admit when we got Archie back I wouldn't let anyone have him, not even the funeral home. We kept him at home and drove him down to the church and round to the cemetery ourselves. I even put him in his coffin with all the things we wanted in there with him :cry: as they'd put so much fear in me that I had to make sure he was safe. I think they'd treated him, in my eyes, so badly that I just couldn't trust other people.

I'm so sorry you've been through this, PM me anytime xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->