Hot, clammy, dizzy and nauseous when stood for too long

Kay0102

Reaction score
It keeps happening but today was the worst! If I hadn't sat down when I had I would have thrown up. I dont suffer with morning sickness and haven't with any of my pregnancies. I'm eating and drinking plenty, what could be causing it. My BP was 90/60 at last appt could that be the cause?
On another note, super excited we only have 4 days until we confirm if this bump is blue!! I'll go into shock if it isn't, such a strong instinct this time Xx

Could be low b/p or low iron. Call your dr and tell them what happened so they can do tests to make sure you're not anemic.

Welcome to second tri! ;) This is one symptom I always get when I reach second trimester. Because of all the excess blood and your body not yet being "used" to it, your blood pressure is liable to drop suddenly when you stand still long, get up quickly, move around too quickly, etc. It's common and fine. Just be careful to be a little slower and more intentional with your movements for awhile. It will pass in a month or two.

Defo a Symptom your blood pressure will drop lower when stood up your blood pools in your legs when on your feet try keep your legs moving but when Ian working I have to goto the toilet to not feel like this !! X

I had that most of late second tri and most of third! There was nothing they could find as wrong, but I've nearly fainted in a fair few places now! Once the baby dropped I've felt much better, I can breath better and feel less faint.

Thanks everyone, i'm going to see 50 cent a week tomorrow which will involve about 3hrs of standing. Dreading it now as I'll be within thousands of people so no quick seating option. Fingers crossed I'm ok as it's for hubbys 30th lol. We are going for a big meal before so that should help x

I have been getting this and suspect it is low blood pressure. My doctor said I need to eat more protein and drink more water but I really don't feel that is it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->