House Hunting

Wishing_well

Reaction score
My OH and I are going to view a few houses (to rent) tomorrow, and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on what to look out for/ask? :flower:

What type of meters yoru on for gas/electric and water and if they are say pre-pay can you change them..

Is there a thermostat to controll your heating...

Gas safety (its a law thing but best to check!)

Smoke alarms (again a law thing but best to check they are there!)

Check the number of plug soccets in your rooms! We never before we moved into this house and in the kitchen we only had 1 for the whole counter! yet 5 for a fridge/freezer and washer!!

For insurance reasons the doors/windows for locks and what type of locks on the doors...

Another good thing to check is to open say the bathroom and bedroom windows and look at the seal to see if there is any mold as if there is you can say you will spend alot keep cleaning it away...

Check the washer point if the house is already empty to make sure if you need a hot inlet you have one as some just have cold inlets or the other way around when you need a cold inlet...

Look at the cars parked down the street, A street with newer cars is normaly a good street as people are not worried their cars will get smashed up etc...

Erm Ill come back when I think of more (im in the process of moving house :haha: )

What type of meters yoru on for gas/electric and water and if they are say pre-pay can you change them..

Is there a thermostat to controll your heating...

Gas safety (its a law thing but best to check!)

Smoke alarms (again a law thing but best to check they are there!)

Check the number of plug soccets in your rooms! We never before we moved into this house and in the kitchen we only had 1 for the whole counter! yet 5 for a fridge/freezer and washer!!

For insurance reasons the doors/windows for locks and what type of locks on the doors...

Another good thing to check is to open say the bathroom and bedroom windows and look at the seal to see if there is any mold as if there is you can say you will spend alot keep cleaning it away...

Check the washer point if the house is already empty to make sure if you need a hot inlet you have one as some just have cold inlets or the other way around when you need a cold inlet...

Look at the cars parked down the street, A street with newer cars is normaly a good street as people are not worried their cars will get smashed up etc...

Erm Ill come back when I think of more (im in the process of moving house :haha: )

Very helpful! Thankyou.
I just need to try and remember it all :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"