Housemaid's Knee?

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Anyone got this? Any tips?

Yesterday my knee doubled in size. It's ot painful but I can't really bend it and it's feels really heavy and swollen - a bit like when you swell through heat but it's just one knee and much worse.

Self-diagnosis says housemaid's knee and no need for a GP visit, but will go if it's not gone by the end of the week....however in the mean time.

It also says stay off you knees/try not to bend it too much and rest it. Hmmmm 3 small children, 1 of whom is just starting to crawl. This is not going to go well! lol :dohh:

hiya! ive suffered with this for about 6 yrs now from being on my knees most the day at work. (haha that sounds dodgy!)

anyway, i use the tubular bandages you buy in tesco, boots etc (basically anywhere) to keep the swelling down and if its bad i sleep with a pillow under my knee or between my knees to keep the pressure off. It only effects my right knee. also an ice pack & feet up in the evening helps alot along with painkillers.

i have had the fluid drained twice & steroid injection once. i am in alot of pain the last 2 days because ive been running around after LO at the park etc so just seeing how it goes & am in contact with the doctors to see if i need it drained again soon.

xx

I caved and went to the GP this morning as it's so badly swollen. She confirmed it's this. She's given me a load of ibuprofen and told me to stay off my knees and preferably elevate the leg when I can (like now lol) She said they don't drain it unless they really have to, but she said it could take 3 months to be back to normal :wacko:

Hope yours improves soon and thanks so much for the response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->