Housework Support!

sheebee

Reaction score
Ladies, I need your help.

I am so utterly shite at keeping on top of the house work and its starting to get on top of me.

I could do with a push in the right direction, maybe a (realistic). schedule or something, and some encouragement to get back in control of things.

It's really not my forte but I'd love to start enjoying my housekeeping.

Supporters and those needing support welcome!

Have you ever heard of Fly Lady?

It's this weird house cleaning schedule thing that really helps you to get on top of your housework and stay on top. It's really easy and do-able, and you start off with baby steps :)

https://www.flylady.net/

This looks super! I hadn't heard of it before but think I'll give it a go.

Thanks! X

I was going to suggest flylady too, recently discovered it and its fab!

This is good to hear - looking forward to getting the house sorted!

I can't get along with flylady. I've recently just gotten on top of the cleaning in our house, mostly by just focusing on one room per day for a week or so to do deep cleaning, get rid of old letters, sort cupboards etc, and then I just do normal cleaning to keep everything looking nice. The trick for me was getting the house to a state where I like how clean it is, and then just maintaining it

I can't get along with flylady. I've recently just gotten on top of the cleaning in our house, mostly by just focusing on one room per day for a week or so to do deep cleaning, get rid of old letters, sort cupboards etc, and then I just do normal cleaning to keep everything looking nice. The trick for me was getting the house to a state where I like how clean it is, and then just maintaining it

Same as this :)

Same as this :)

same as this too.

i only really started 3 weeks ago. The flat wasnt dirty just cluttered & untidy.

ive done LOs room, she had LOADS of clothes in bin bags, so i washed them all & put them in vacuum bags, then thoroughly cleaned all her walls down, vaxed the carpet etc.
ive done the kitchen. i only have 2 cupboards & 2 big shelves. so storing stuff is a nightmare.
but ive discovered no one needs 8 pots & pans with just 2 of us living here. :dohh: and no one needs 9 wooden spoons or 3 whisks!!!! lol.

but now they are sorted i just spend an hour a day wiping the sides, the cupboards, the walls, the oven & the floor etc..

xx

Yeah, I do a deep clean once a week, then keeping on top of it daily is pretty easy :)

Thanks ladies! I've done bathroom and downstairs loo today, and the kitchen floor. Easier as DH can be with lo, just hope I can find motivation tomorrow!

Iv spent the last 2 weeks doing a deep clearout and so far have sent 23 bags to the charity shop snd still have my clothes to do.
I didnt get on with fly lady, i found she was too obsessed with the kitchen taps :)

Have you tried any phone apps?
I'm on android and I have one called Chore Checklist.
You can put dates on it (for daily, weekly, fortnightly cleaning) and tick it off when its done.
It will highlight in red if someting is over due and you can add (or remove) chores as you see fit.

I am very much a 'list' kind of person. It helps me to focus and prioritise, and also helps me see that I am heading towards my goal as things get checked off.

Haha! How funny about fly lady and her taps! I will have to get organised with list I think.
I'm aiming for this week that I get most of the downstairs straight. It"l be a bit tricky as we're having our basement worked on and so there's a load of basement shite (which will become attic shite) in my dining room!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->