How? A little advice please.....

Whisper

Mummy to DD & DS
Reaction score
I am planning on giving Amelia some baby rice this week to see if she sleeps better and i generally feel she is ready for solids now.

I know that i have to mix 1 teaspoon of rice with her regular milk or water.
I have b/f totally and am wondering if it would be ok to mix the rice with water or should i mix it with breast milk?

I have been told that i should try it with her in the daytime and after a regular feed.....do i do this always or can i switch over to feeding her at night before bed so she sleeps longer (or will it make no difference?)

Do i need to give her boiled water at the same time when i give her the rice?

This is a whole new ball game to me and i need a little advice and any tips you have would be great. :)

First, I just wanted to say.. it doesn't necessarily mean she will sleep better. Colton didn't sleep better after starting solids.
After saying that, if I were you I would probably mix it with her Breast milk. It will be a familiar taste and she will probably like it alot better.
As long as it's mostly milk and that all your really giving her, I dont think she would need water just yet. Not until she actually starts eating more solids and her milk intake starts to drop.
I think they say to start during the day so you can check for allergies, so probably a good idea to stick to that. I started Colton during the day.

hi there, we started maddi on baby rice and i just mixed it with her usual forumla, so if i was bf i would say mix it with breastmilk. i would give it ok during the day, still with her usual bottles and see how she takes too it. i personally would see how she goes during the day just incase it upsets her tummy.
with regards to her sleeping, it may or may not help, but i would certainly give it ok and carry on with her usual bottles plus the baby rice.
loads of luck, hope she starts to sleep better soon, i always find a really good bedtime/bottle routine for sleep x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->