How can I get my 6 month old to take a bottle?

NurseSooz

Reaction score
My DD refuses bottles, whether it's breastmilk or formula. Between myself, my mum and my husband the most we've ever got into her is about 50ml but even then tons poured out the side of her mouth. My hubby and I are going out for the evening for our wedding anniversary. This will be the longest I've left her and she'll need to get her milk. She takes solids ok but just hates bottles. I've also tried a tommy tippy sippy cup but she won't suck it and just chews the spout. Any advice very appreciate as I'm reluctant to book our table!

Have you considered trying an open cup? Either a small regular cup or a Doidy cup might work. My LO won't take bottles either, but we've been working on getting her to sip breastmilk or water from a Doidy cup and a straw cup (not a sippy cup), and it is going pretty well.

My daughter only took milk from a regular or sippy cup. She didn't use a sippy till she was 8 months though.

https://doidycups.com/images/lg_10dc.jpg

Hope you can see that... its a funny shaped cup that makes it easy for young kids/babies to hold and drink without spilling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->