How can I quit hating where I live

misspriss

Reaction score
Okay, I really hate where I live. I have always been generally disenchanted with my location, but nothing I can do about it so...but lately, the past 4-6 months, it has eating me up.

I wanted to move when I got out of college, but my mom was sick. She has recently passed away. Now DH is in school, and we can't leave until he graduates. Another year and a half. Now we are starting a family soon and I don't want my kids to grow up far from their grandparents and great-grandparents. So now we really can't move.

I can't explain how severely I hate where I live. I loathe the weather. I loathe the state government. I just really really hate it here. (My feelings get worse in the summer).

I want to live somewhere cold, I want low humidity and cold. I would settle for mid-level humidity and temperate. But nope, I get sweltering hot high humidity. Ugh. I want to live in a state that doesn't suck. One that gets shopping centers. One that isn't in ranked 48th out of 50 on EVERYTHING. A state that has decent education scores. Somewhere were you can actually enjoy time outside without being stung by wasps, and eaten alive by mosquitoes. I see these shows on TV where people actually use their backyards, and I'm like, they can do that?

But I can't move. I am stuck in sweltering heat when I want to have to bundle up for the cold. I can't use my backyard. TV and internet services suck. I am so **************************************** frustrated with my situation and there is NOTHING I can do about it.

Does anyone have any tips?

ETA: I live in the US, in Arkansas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"