How can I vary his diet?

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
This is my LO's menu at the minute. I realise he eats a lot, but he is a very hungry baby!

Breakfast- Half a wheatabix with fruit puree and 1oz milk. 6oz bottle

Lunch- Banana sandwich, half a jar of mash, juice and 6oz bottle

Tea- Rice pudding with banana, 6oz bottle

Dinner- Home-made mash (currently pasta, chicken and banana) 6oz bottle.

There is way too much banana in there, but he doesn't like much else! I have spent weeks trying to get him to have savoury and he just screams. He was having rice pudding with cinammon but it was irritating his face and bringing him out in a rash.
I'm wary of giving him orange, strawberry, apple ect as he has really severe reflux.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could make any suggestions :)

im not weaning yet so probably not the best answer.. but what about some veg? carrot, broccoli, sweet potato . squash etc?

get him some different baby cereals for brekkie hun :)

try things like spagetti bolognese, soup, mince and tatties etc - he will love it x

im not weaning yet so probably not the best answer.. but what about some veg? carrot, broccoli, sweet potato . squash etc?

Like I said, only likes banana, I have tried everything. He hates carrot, pepper, peas sweet potato, swede, squash, cucumber, brocolli, cabage.... Even if I do put a bit in I have to add so much banana to make it taste sweet and I don't want to use orange because of his reflux.

be aware that too much banana can be harmful to them though hun i found this on a weaning site i use

WARNING: Some experts recommend against feeding a young baby bananas because of the fungicides with which they (and all other imported fruits) are sprayed. Banana skins are porous, allowing the fungicides to be absorbed into the flesh. Try to buy only certified organically-grown bananas

i dont know if you ue organic but after i read this thats all ill buy,id just try to cut down the amount of banana in his food slowly so he doesnt notice and he will get used to new tastes alongthe way

What about trying a bit of pear with some other things like veggies - then reduce the pear amount in each bit (its very sweet so things taste much nicer with it)

Izzy loves banana too, but I only give it her on its own.

Thanks Louise 1302, I did think that... hence why I'm trying to find new ideas really :)

At the minute I'm just glad I've found something he likes, but I am trying to vary it as quick as possible.

I definetly think I'll try pear :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"