How colourfast are BG Flips?

wannabewillow

Reaction score
Hiya
Have just put the first BG Flip on Mairi. I pre washed the cover in with a coloured wash as I wasn't sure that the colour wouldn't run. Most of my nappies are pastel coloured, with the exception of the Flips and a Fuzzi Bunz red one with daisies. and I would like to be able to wash them together. Can anyone tell me if this is ok at 60 degrees as my machine is crap at washing poop out at 40 (pardon the pun)?

Thanks for any advice
:hugs: to all
Joanne x

they are generally fine.
I did have one blue one run a little colour once (after a heap of washes, it was 100% the blue flip cover as it was the ONLY coloured thing in that wash) but it was only the once and the colour came out. I do wash all my nappies together no problems on 60 degrees

I've never personally had a problem but manufacturers do advise to wash seperatly (esp the zinnia BG) incase of colour runs

i just popped a couple of colour catchers in for their first 60 wash to be on the safe side - can't remember if they ran though :dohh:

I had a Zinnia cover run on me once, same as Squish though, it was after loads of washes :shrug: The colour came out though except for where it got on white applix. I still wash them all together though and I've never had a problem again.

I got a new Flip yesterday (Ribbit) and the instructions say to wash the outers with like colours the first three times. Mine's going in with my dark wash, but I wonder if soaking in plain water for a while would help?

my zinnia flip covers ran, i wash em seperate now just incase

I've never had a flip run, but had a BG V3 that did and all it did was make my MF inserts go a bit pink and it washed right out!

I know it says on the packaging about washing the first few times with a colour wash, I just wasn't sure that would be enough. Thanks for the tips, Think I'll follow instructions and then invest in colour catchers. Thanks for all the advice!
Joanne x

I have the moonbeam ones and they turned the inserts blue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"