How did you feel after a sweep?

SusieRose

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I used baby and bump forums loads with my first but stupidly used babycentre with this one where I found a lot of negativity and tearing other women down.

I'm 39 weeks today and just and a sweep, where she said i was 1cm, soft cervix, but it was high. I don't feel great after. I am sweaty, feeling sick,, legs aching when walking.

How have you felt after?

I'm pregnant with my 3rd hun and I've only ever had a sweep with my second, and I felt no different after it except for being a bit achy in there I was 1cm like you, guess they don't work for me lol sorry I'm not of much help <3

Sorry you had such a negative experience with the other group but welcome back to B&B!

With my DS#1 I didn't have many side effects after. Some cramping but my water broke 2 days later. If it gets worse I would call in and see what they recommend.

Oh hon I'm so sorry I had alot of negativity on the other site. I'm a great believer in us womon shud support each other esp when we are going through the same thing.
U have come to the rite place now hon everyone is so nice and supportive on here.

Congrats on getting to 39 weeks hon ure almost at the finish line yay.

I've had a few sweeps in past pregnancies and they never worked for me. I found that i did get some contractions and some bleeding but it wud all just ease off. But I do know that sometimes they can do the trick.

As ure already dilated a bit it mite start things off.
I hope things start happening for you soon hon can u keep us posted I love reading birth stories <3

I had it done with my last pregnancy at 39 weeks on a Monday Only 1cm 50%. Felt nothing really at all. Wednesday night after dinner started to feel sick ended up vomiting and contractions all night. Thursday at the dr I was 4cm but also had protein in urine and high blood pressure so was preeclampsic. Not sure if the sweep did anything or not, but that’s all I have to offer! Good luck you’re almost there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->