How did your labour start? How did you feel beforehand? Was it waters first or..?

laurajade__x

Reaction score
I'm 38+3 and so impatient! Just wondering how your labours started? What was your first sign of labour.. Did you feel any differently that day or was it out of the blue? I know it's different for everybody but would just love to hear your experiences!! I just don't know what to expect really and I'm looking for every symptom possible that labour is on its way haha :) would love to hear your experiences!

Your just going to make yourself crazy lol I was induced with my first but with my 2nd I had a normal day of walking sex and taking care of dd trying to start labor then kidding with dh said I was going to go into labor that night and he'd have to miss work (it was a Sunday) he didn't think it was funny lol we went to bed I woke up with cramps took a shower then woke dh an hr after waking up and rushed to the hospital :haha: he missed all the bad stuff lol just the 30 min car ride (in winter) with my head out the window (you get really hot) yelling faster..slow down hurry up don't get pulled over theen bout 30mins at the hospital

Had a completely normal day, felt no different. Waters burst during the night at 3.30 with no warning! I was 36+5

With my son I kept waking up early in the morning with sharp pains in my abdomen. When I finally woke up around 8am I needed to pee...well at first I thought I was peeking myself but it was coming from the wrong hole;) my water broke and those sharp pains were my contractions starting:) I also remember not feeling very well. But your labor could be completely different:) good luck

I just went felt really tired with my first and went to bed at 7 pm and didn't wake up till 12 the next day. Went to the hospital and everything progressed fast untill she got stuck because of her position and I had to be sent to a different hospital. ( being stuck at 9 cm for 4 hours )
If she wasn't stuck I would have had the worlds easiest labour.

Over a couple days my guts just felt like they were getting tighter and tighter, until it felt like increments of incredibly painful menstrual cramps... my waters had to be broken after my epidural. I got two sweeps in a week and after each one it seemed to stimulate "menstrual cramps" worse until contractions started :flower: then she got stuck due to her head head being tilted and tucked so I endured those contractions for 36 hours before epi!! then almost 6 more hours! lol. and i started to feel pms-y

At 38+3 weeks I had an appointment with my OB and she checked my cervix (which may have helped jump start things) and I was 4cm dilated and 60% effaced, then I went home, went on a walk with DH, came home to lay down for a nap, but started to feel cramps. So I got up and started to time the cramps because they were coming in intervals, and saw that they were about every 5 minutes. Then I went to the bathroom and has some pink-tinged cm, and knew that it was my bloody show. I headed to the hospital soon after and she was born 11 hours later (had 3 hours of pushing :wacko:).

In the last few days leading up to labor, I experienced a "clear out" with softer BMs (sorry for the TMI), and an increase in Braxton Hicks. I also had a couple nights of really crappy sleep and a killer headache a few days before.

I had no signs with my first! I was overdue and fed up lol. Went to the loo and my waters popped! Had ZERO signs.
My 2nd was different i was getting intense tightenings which i thought was strong braxton hicks for a while so i just led on the sofa and watched a bit of tele.... my waters popped on the sofa not long after i led down!
X

I had really light period pain - like contractions and after a few hours of this had my bloody show. Then had contractions for a few days which got more and more intense and then my son was born :).
I didn't really have any symptoms leading up to it really x

I had painless contractions a couple days before I went into labour and then on the day they were like regular menstrual cramps but thought at first that I was constipated and needed to poop lol.
I felt normal and no pre warning signs.

The first sign for me was waking up to my waters breaking. I had absolutely no idea anything was about to happen before this. I was just a little over 37 weeks and fully expecting to go late as she was my first baby. In retrospect, I felt very emotional the day before and was have some weird EWCM like discharge all day which I worried may have been some BV or something, maybe that was my mucus plug starting to go? But when I realised it was actually happening it was a total shock! Waters went at 2am, mild contractions and bloody show within the hour, fully dilated by 10:30am when the midwives arrived (had her at home) and she arrived after exactly 12 hours at 1:55pm. So stay positive because sometimes there aren't many signs and then all of a sudden things can happen quickly. :thumbup:

This was me 3 weeks ago!! :)

Mine started with mild contractions but I kept active, more like period pains. Lost my plug on the Friday morning, had these back pains and period pains all day. That night, I was absolutely exhausted. I mean I was falling asleep at 6pm, like seriously tired. I went to sleep at 7:30pm on a Friday night!

I woke up at 12:30am with MASSIVE contractions, waters broke at 12:55am, baby was here at 2:45am!

I'll say the thing that got me going was clary sage. Hhaha I know its all old wives tales but I'd been putting the stuff in the oil burning, I'd put some in the bath, I'd had it on tissue... The works! For about 3 days beforehand. I kept really active, I spent nights rocking on an exercise ball, used essential oils (jasmine, bergamot, lavender, frankensence and clary sage) nipple stimulation, sex ;-) I went into labour 39w+1d :)

With my first, I had a completely normal day. I was 38w2d. Went to work, came home and relaxed, my partner came home, and we went out to dinner... I had no unusual contractions - just what I thought were my usual BHs - and had plenty of energy the whole day. Then, we came home, turned on our favorite TV show at the time. My partner and I got into our pajamas, and I got into bed only to go, "Uhh, either I peed myself, or my water just broke." Yep, my water DID break. THEN the contractions started. lol. My LO was born 21 hours later. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->