How did your miscarriage start?

Kmx

Reaction score
First of all I am so very sorry for your losses. I am pretty sure I am about to experience one. I am currently 5+3. For around 5 days I have had some light brown discharge and two occasions where I wiped and had watery red blood.

Went to EPU they done a scan at 5+2 that seen no sign of pregnancy. HCG was taken and it was 544. I have to go back tomorrow for another blood draw to check HCG although I've been told it doesn't look to good.

Tonight I have had some lower pain and shooting pains. I have wiped and had dark brown stingey small clots then more watery bright red blood.

How will I know I am miscarrying? will I experience strong cramps and heavy blood?

Did yours start off like this? I am just waiting for it to start to be honest.

Hi Kmx, sorry that it doesn't seem to be working out for you. I've just gone through it. Started out as bleeding just when I wiped, it progressive for heavier over the next 30 hours or so until i was having cramps and it was pouring out of me, I went through pads and two pairs of trousers in about an hour, I couldn't do anything but sit on the toilet. After about an hour or two I passed a clot and since then the bleeding has calmed down. It's been like that for two days now with slight cramps that seem to come and go. It's not confirmed with the hospital that I've miscarried but they won't see me until 2nd Oct but I know that's what's happened.
Everyone is different though, I was 5+5 days when it happened. Horrible experience to go through but thankfully it doesn't last too long.
I hope it isn't too bad for you x

Hi kmx,

so sorry you are going through this experience, it really is horrible. I found out at 12 weeks that I had a missed miscarriage and that the baby died at 7 weeks 3 days. I was due to have my 12 week scan on the Friday but on Monday I started passing really dark brown stringy clots. I had no pain but the hospital said I could bring my scan forward to Monday to put my mind at rest.

At the scan they told me the baby had died and that I had to wait a week to see if I would naturally miscarry or need to go back for D&C.

The next day I had bad period like pains, backache and tummy cramps with a bit of blood. By 9pm I could not get off the toilet as it was really flooding out with huge clots the size of golf balls. I'm sorry to say but it was the worst pain I have ever experienced. Eventually my husband took me to hospital at midnight as I still couldn't get off the toilet and the pain was so bad.

In hospital they put me on morphine for the pain but I was still going through their pads and sheets every hour or so. They finally let me home at 6am.

Since then it has been like a normal period but it has lasted over two weeks. It isn't painful anymore and the blood is only pale brown smears now (sorry tmi)

This has been the worst time of my life but I got through it ok and so will you. I don't mean to scare you with my story of the pain etc and many people don't get pain at all.

I really hope this goes ok for you. :hugs:

I'm so sorry you going through this. With me i noticed a small bit of brown blood in my pants, then a few hours later it went bright red and got heavy. I bleed for a couple of days and then it turned brown and that continued for another few days. I never experienced hardly any cramps. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->