How do/did you co-sleep?

Miwi

Reaction score
:wave:
I've just bought a cosleeper that attaches to the side of my bed for LO2, my first baby just slept in a craddle beside the bed until 6 months and then went into her own room. I hated having her in her craddle but my OH was really uncomfortable with co sleeping so the cosleeper is our compromise!
Anyway! I have some questions!!
Please can you explain how co sleepin worked for you? Did you stay up with baby until you were ready for bed? Or did you go to bed at the same time each night to put baby down when they were in a routine? My DD is so routined it's crazy she will nearly take herself up to bed at 7pm lol so I'm unsure how it will work when I can't put baby to bed without me?
I'd be very grateful for input! Feels like I'm a first timer all over again!! :blush:

We bedshare, have from day one, and I cannot remember how it worked in the beginning. Now, we put her to bed in her crib when she first goes down for the night. If she wakes up when we go to bed, I bring her in bed with us; otherwise she comes to bed with us when she wakes up after we've gone to bed.

Until she started rolling over, she slept next to me on the outside of the bed - now she sleeps between us.

She goes to bed with us (she is 15 mos) unless we are lucky enough to have her fall asleep in the crib. If she falls asleep in the crib we move her to the bed. Most of the time either myself or her father end up going to sleep with her in the bed. If that is before we intended to go to sleep, we simply stay in the room and keep an eye on her. Yes, it is kind of unorganized, but we don’t do a lot of rules. If she gets enough naps, she tends to be able to stay up with us. The bad part is that she wakes up before we do, and I am always woken up by a baby lying across my face.

I always went to bed at the same time as lo in the beginning. Then around 4 months or so he starred going to sleep.earlier so he sleeps in his room until his first wakeup then he comes to bed with me :)

Thanks so much for the replies! It's so helpful to hear how its worked for other families! I think I am going to keep baby downstairs with us in the early weeks then go up to bed after a feed that would be around 'bedtime' and hope that a routine falls out of that :) Depending on how tired I am! Haha!

With DD we would have her downstairs asleep on one of us until we went to bed.

We hang out in the living room with him in his swing till we go to bed then he sleeps in his pac n play till he wakes, usually around 330-4. He then sleeps next to me nursing as he pleases till 8 or so in the morning. Free access to his favorite thing has, I think caused him to grow so fast! He's huge! :) already in his 6 month clothes at 6 weeks! :haha:

I've noticed lots of mums talk about a shift in sleep pattern between 6-8 weeks, usually after the 6 week growth spurt has passed and they start to need to go to sleep earlier in the evening for longer stretches rather than being in and out day and night. My theory about this is after the 6 week growth spurt they can take more in with their senses so need more sleep and conk out!

Anyway so before 6 weeks she just went in and out through the evening until we went up to bed and there she continued to be in and out every 2-4 hours, but being in the bed next to me I could just put her on my breast so that was okay and she went back to sleep well :)
After 7 weeks she started to be fussy in the evenings because things kept her awake so we started to put her in a quiet dark room (on our bed), usually I would feed her to sleep and then sneak out and she usually stays asleep till we go to bed which is super because we have some evenings back. Then just move her to her place in the bed and we get in, sometimes she'll wake up for a feed then, sometimes between 1-3am. It's working really well, she is a lovely sleeper.
So she's going down 7-8pm and waking up at 7am usually.

At each waking I feed her, then put her on my other side, ready for the next waking and feed lying down :) We have a king sized bed so we all have enough room X

My son is 2 years old. When he was first born, he slept most nights in a bassinet next to my side of the bed. Some nights, he would sleep in our bed between my husband and I on a mattress pad that was designed for co-sleeping

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->