How do/did you wind your newborn?

Babybug

Reaction score
Hi Ladies
This is my first post in this forum LO is 1 week old today and we are sucessfully BFing on demand.
Our problem is she gets lots of gas and seems very uncomfortable, I can hear it moving around. I think I have quite a fast flow of milk so she often coughs and splutters at the breast.

After a feed she falls asleep and seems to like to keep close to the breast. If I sit her up to wind her is disturbs her sleep but if i dont she will wake up squeaking (thats the only way I can describle it) and hicupping, drawing up knees etc like she has wind, eventually she will burp or trump and settle.

What methods do you use to avoid trapped wind or get wind up?

You could try burping her then putting her back on the breast to fall asleep?

I hold him close with his head by my shoulder so he is upright. I gently pat so as not to wake. If he is already awake I slowly sit him up which seems to help it rise without help.

Both of my LO's are a nightmare with trapped wind. DD feeds mostly lying on her side on the bed as this seems to help and she comes off herself to be burped a lot of the time. If not I hold her at an angle across my knee with her head against my forearm were she is facing forwards and I gently rub/pat her back. TBH she is usually awake and screaming within a minute or two if I haven't got her upright by then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->