how do i convince my 7 year old to take flowers for teacher?

wanna_bump

Reaction score
As the title says really - he got a bit upset and went upstairs when i told him i had bought flowers and card for his teacher, saying his friends hadnt brought anything for her and they wouldnt play with him if he did. Shall i make him take them or not? I dont want to cause him anxiety but he will realise its a good thing when he hands them to her thanks x

maybe I am a harsh mummy but i would just tell him he has to give his teacher flowers as he is thankful for everything he has done and as he won't see his friends most of the summer holidays it doesn't really matter and don't be so rude lol ( but then like i said I'm probably just a harsh mummy) he is 7 after all.

lol i dont think its harsh - i just think im too soft! thanks for your reply though :) x

when i was teaching alot of parents would catch me at the start or end of the day when dropping off or picking up. lots of children got embaressed when a bit older. its so nice u got a present.

oh i wouldnt make him if he doesnt want to, i dont think its rude of him saying he doesnt want to, i think its honest which is something to be encouraged

its great that he is able to tell you this, and explain why he doesnt want to, its something i would eb proud of and definitely not force him itno doing something he didnt want to in front of his peers

i agree with you suzib76, it was causing him distress and i didnt want him be embarrased so in the end I didnt make him, he gave her a card (begrudgingly) and he gave the flowers to his nanna! :) thanks for all your replies x

i agree, think about how life is for a child lol its not easy dealing with children who can be so mean......... i would just give them to his teacher myself i wouldnt cause him any unneccesary stress over that. x

personally...I'd maybe find a way to drop them off or give them yourself. but this is a pretty um easy set up for your kid to be teased. At least at that age, I would have teased the crap out of him about having a crush on the teacher for giving them flowers and a card >.>

Maybe next year buy something more teacher-esque like a ceramic apple or something to put on their desk. But you buy flowers and cards for people you like, like girls or people dieing in hospitals....but this is just setting your kid up for the kids to have a field day with him...Just try and remember how kids were back in the day when you were one, and think of how bad kids are today....

He probably just thinks its too girly to carry flowers, I would probably have let him pick his own gift. At the end of th day...is it worth his embarassment for it when you are really the one who wants her to have it? I would probably give the flowers myself and see if he will do th card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->