How do i make Chicken *blush*

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Right i have finally got the hand of making most foods apart from chicken! I daren't even try!...all the recipes i am folloing say chicken breast chopped...can't you get chicken breast already chopped?!

And how the hell do i make it?! Im so keen yet dont know how to...help please xxx

You can get it chopped which is what i prefer.If chicken is cooked well it should blend nicely as it falls apart.Other thing I do is chop chicken in tiny pieces with scissors xx

I am not sure if you can get chicken breast chopped-but how I make Alexa's meats is by boiling them, so I know they will be cooked properly. Good Luck!

they usually have instructions on packets now! you can buy diced chicken breast (but it's probably not diced enough) or you can buy chicken breast. A whole chicken might be a bit too adventurous for you right now (lol, sorry) but in the future it'll be cheaper to do the whole chicken and then take the breasts off!

they usually have instructions on packets now! you can buy diced chicken breast (but it's probably not diced enough) or you can buy chicken breast. A whole chicken might be a bit too adventurous for you right now (lol, sorry) but in the future it'll be cheaper to do the whole chicken and then take the breasts off!
yep definitely agree it is cheaper to buy the whole chicken than to buy breasts

Thats what all recipes say (chicken breast)...but i really dont feel that i should be that adventurous just yet!

:rofl: Don't be sorry hun...your right! Will look out for the ones with instructions! xx

LOL. I normally buy the boneless skinless chicken strips. Then I boil them. When they are all white (inside and out) you know they are done (I usually boil mine awhile, I dont like the thought of anything slimy.. ugh, I like them dry.. lol). I've never done a whole chicken :shock: I'd be scared, but the strips are easier because it's already in pieces. Although they aren't really small, I just tear them apart after boiling them.

LOL. I normally buy the boneless skinless chicken strips. Then I boil them. When they are all white (inside and out) you know they are done (I usually boil mine awhile, I dont like the thought of anything slimy.. ugh, I like them dry.. lol). I've never done a whole chicken :shock: I'd be scared, but the strips are easier because it's already in pieces. Although they aren't really small, I just tear them apart after boiling them.

:rofl: you sound like me, scared to do a whole chicken lol

am i beign daft - surely you cook yourself chicken from time to time? CAnt you just cook chicken breast however we'd eat them but without any fat etc? Say bake, steam etc? then blend into tiny bits?

I usually buy the goujons or breast, but you can cook it all the same way.. it's v simple to cook.

I usually fry it for 15-20 mins on a medium heat, but I do like mine quite well done (crispy golden outside, tender inside).
You can also grill or oven cook it (I usually go by guess work with this though, 20-30 mins is usually enough in a grill or oven) but as said before, this is how I personally like it so this will vary.

Just be careful, make sure the juices run clear if you stab it with a knife/fork and if you're unsure, cut a slit in your biggest piece of chicken right in the centre and you should see nice white meat, no pink!

Oh, you can buy it chopped but you can just as easily chop it yourself using a knife or scissors.

Hope that helps!

I;m sure if you bought chicken breast froma butchers they would chop them for you. Also if you want to wizz it up steam or boil them as it makes it nice and soft. You can buy packs of diced chiken breast but in the long term its cheeper to buy a packet of breast and do it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->