How do I tell my mum?

flitty

Mum of 5 & expecting too!
Reaction score
My mum has never been the most supportive of me and my family. She was delighted when we had our first 2 children, but her reaction to each subsequent pregnancy has been getting worse. For my last, she just said 'not again', and since Frankie was born, every month she says 'you're not pregnant again are you?'. Well I am! This will be my 6th child, and hubby, kids and I are delighted (after getting over the shock :rofl:). But how can I tell my mum? Or, more to the point, how can I tell her without getting upset over her reaction, because I know it's going to be negative :(

This would be my mil's reaction :roll: my last babies announcement was met with 'again' :roll: in fact if I got pregnant again I would be tempted not to tell her until I;d had a scan then just show her the picture and maybe she could bond abit more???

2 months after my daughter was born My oh told my mil I had been to the dr's today, she asked 'theres nothing wrong' oh said no we're having another baby:rofl: her face was a picture:rofl:

Congratulations hun:happydance:

Try not to let her reaction bother you, you and you family are happy about, thats the main thing.
If you think her reaction will be less than caring, tell her by text message or somthing like that, or just slip it into a normal conversation, like its just a natural thing to talk about.

Oh hon, my reaction would be to say - stuff her - as long as you, OH and kids are happy then thats all that matters but I know in reality it's not that easy as she's your mum and her opinion matters to you. Let her know how happy you are and that it's not negative! I don't really know what else to say - I hope everything turns out ok! :hugs:

It's your life, your family and your decision!

Hope it goes well hon! But try not to let it bother you. She's not the one raising 6 kids. :hug:

It's your babies hun. It would be a huge shock for any mother. And she maybe doesn't mean it to come across the way it does. And is maybe slightly scared for you. Try and talk to her and find out why she is how she is about it. So you don't go away feeling your mother isn't happy.

Ive just had a naughty thought :blush: maybe she is jelous because she thinks you make a better mother than she did, and the only way she can express herself is to be down on you! :blush:

Good on you darl! I would love to have 6 kids...but I know I wouldnt be a very calm mum! :hissy: I would be frazzled! :rofl: But I came from a family of 5 kids, so I know what its like! And being the oldest, I got to help mum with the babies! :lol: my fav part! Your daughter must be soo excited! She was at the age I was at when my mum had the youngest bubs! Cool!!! :cloud9::cloud9:

And I think I feela bit sad for your mum, she is going to be left out of things if she doesnt watch out! HEY!!!!!! I JUST HAD AN IDEA....GET YOUR DAUGHTER TO TELL YOUR MUM....IM SURE HER EXCITMENT WILL RUB OFF ON GRANDMA!
:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

^^ thats what i did, i dident know what to say, so i blagged the kids into it, lol. She was surprisingly happy for me.

That is such a good idea!! My older girls are really excited about the new baby...I think they'll be calling Nanny this weekend!!

I announced out pregnancy to the family at my son's baptism a couple of weeks ago and my Nanna (who I've always been very close to) said

"you must be joking" and left without congratulating us:cry:. Felt very upset by her reaction. I could understand if I couldn't cope with the ones I have or something but I love them all to bits, they're lovely kids and we seem to get by just fine....thank you.

I haven't rang Nanna since and thought she may have rang me to see how I am....not sure what to do next:cry:

Iam glad iam not the only one who has had this ...
First Mum was over the moon , Second Everyone said theres no way you will cope laylas only 18 months old now .
Now pregnant agian (Second child is 13 months old) I got nothing but discerning looks and comments .
But got lots of handy advice of the lovely ladies off here , Sat and chatted with my mum and she even apologised and said shes just worried for us ... And thinks it is a silly descision .
The rest of the family are still snubbing me and OH , But we are over the moon and every day we get more excited , This baby wasnt planned but certainly allready loved a tonne :) .
Ohhh and i told my dad tonight (I left him till last he scares me) I expected a big row and all i got was Ohhhh right ok hummm i have to go now bye !!! , In a very deep un happy tone . But hey i dont care i was worried about the argument ! , I didnt have to have that and so now iam happy :) . Every one knows now everyone has had there opinions now we can move on and enjoy .Hope things work out ok for you hun . xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->