How do you count DPO?

Rq120

Reaction score
I did OPKs this month and got my positive on Saturday 6/27. How do you count DPO if you are not temping and know what day you ovulate (since O is supposed to be 24-48hrs after + OPK)?

The only way to know for sure is to temp. I know some women who O the day of a +OPK and some who, like me, O 2 days after. You can track CM and after O it will turn creamy but it may not be the day after. I guess another option is to count how many days from your +Opk you get AF and at least you will know about how long you need to wait for AF as they time between ovulation and AF should not change by more than one day.

Honestly, I hate opks unless you temp. I Oed the night of my first cb positive and second night of Target positive. So it really just depends on your body.

I agree OPK's can't tell you the day, only temping can. I guess I would pick the 48 hours after as your ovulation day, but that would just be a guess!

I've never temp'ed, so when I was using digital O tests, I would couple that with CM and O pains. It's possible I was a day off here and there but close enough.

My only caution with relying on cramping is I used to do that. This cycle, I cramped two days before O and the day after. I didn't cramp on my O day like I have in the past. So who knows what our bodies do sometimes.

I would suggest mark 48 hours later as O day and then that way you don't get tempted and start testing way too early.

Thanks for everyone's responses, they have been helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->