How do you deal with comments about your weight?

Mamafy

Mum to 5 & Angel Mum to 4
Reaction score
My mil is the worst culprit :roll: ever so tactful....NOT!:hissy:

her last comment was when I was talking about my holidays to her sister who had been to the same place; anyway we rambled on about what we'd seen/what we'd done etc when mil butts in and said "remember you lost all that weight when you were there" :grr: who the feck was talking about my weight anyway, and I'm only 2lbs heavier now!!:hissy:

Everytime she sees me she says "hows the diet going?" :roll:

How do you all deal with these comments? because I swear if she gets me on a week I have PMT shes dust!:rofl:

lol maybe say summit about her weight slightly like....maybe u could join the diet with me ...mite be anuff of a hint to make her think...sorry im not much more help.

or jus say yer its going when she asks hows it going x x x

:lol: I may use the one about her joining me alright:rofl:

lol least that way when ever she asks how its going u can say u tell me....xx

I hate it !!!! I could seriously punch people that take digs at me

my OH's sis ggrrrrrrrrr :hissy: she makes comments like "oh i remember wen u 1st got 2gether u were so thin and looked so pretty its amazing what a few years and a baby can do to you !!!!":hissy::hissy::trouble:

some people just dont think! just tactfully say how shes looking a bit tubby these days :rofl:

Oh ((( ))), some people dont think and others are just nasty. My mil is one of the nasty ones she constantly goes on about my weight or did when we spoke to her, wouldnt of minded but she was bigger than me.

My brother has the opposite problem he cant keep his weight on and people think its okay to comment, so he replies I can do something about my weight what can you do about your face, not very nice but then commenting on his weight isnt nice either. Better say I dont recommend using that on your MIL hahaha

my grandads comments made my mum anorexic when she was younger so if he says anything to me about my weight i tell my mum, it must have worked cos he always says you've lost weight, bless.

some people dont realise how hurtful their comments are though, open mouth before thinking can be the main thing that causes it lol

:hugs:

part of me wants to lose the weight just to spite her and the others that have opened their gobs :grr: but I should do this for me, right?

I havent loads to lose but the whole jibes are making me very paranoid.

The other day MIL came in and said she'd been to the dr and said she had got a blood test that said she had an underactive thyroid, I said 'yeah that puts on weight doesnt it?':rofl: cowbag!

I went cycling twice a week until a couple of weeks ago but have gave this up:cry: didnt want to but it was getting too much of a hassle finding people to look after the kids when oh is away, oh has kindly said he will get me a treadmill later in the year because I could do this at home which would be ideal.

need motivation and was wondering if a picture of my mil on the fridge would help me lose weight:rofl: how would I explain it though:rofl:

I think asking her t join you would be perfect.

Or else ask her how se thinks you look, esp if its in front of your hubby. Either she will ome out with a typical MIL comment and your hubby will see what shes playing at or shell say how lovely you look and who doesnt love a compliment? do that a few times and either way she may take a hint!

x

hey did u no aswell....if u go to tdocs they can give u tablets to help make u loose weight..im not sure u have to have a certain bmi but i was on them before i got preg and i had to stop as i wanted a baby but its defo worth looking into ....u can get these certain ones which supress ur appitite and my auntie lost 12 pounds in one month x x

"You look bigger than I remember.."

or just "discreetly" slipping her the name and contact no. for weight watchers.

Will work a treat :icecream:

My mil is the worst culprit :roll: ever so tactful....NOT!:hissy:

her last comment was when I was talking about my holidays to her sister who had been to the same place; anyway we rambled on about what we'd seen/what we'd done etc when mil butts in and said "remember you lost all that weight when you were there" :grr: who the feck was talking about my weight anyway, and I'm only 2lbs heavier now!!:hissy:

Everytime she sees me she says "hows the diet going?" :roll:

How do you all deal with these comments? because I swear if she gets me on a week I have PMT shes dust!:rofl:

I was looking at your weight loss ticker the other day and I commend you for your weight loss.

Tell her to stuff it. That's truly very rude!

:hug::hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->