How do you find Aldi's fruit/veg?

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
We shop at morrisons and do a big monthly shop costing around £160 then through the month we maybe go once a week for extra fruit,bread,milk etc...

The weekly trips can get pricey and I was wondering how Aldi compared for fruit and beg etc?

There isn't a lot I like from Aldi so not much danger or me getting bit that we don't need iykwim?

Also, it's closer and I wouldn't have to rely on OH taking me to morrisons after work on a Friday night, especially when we don't finish til 6pm:dohh:

So...which do you ladies prefer? Xx

Aldi is good for fruit and veg. It might last only a few days but it's cheap :)

We get our fruit and veg from Aldi. It is a good price and the fruit lasts a while but the vegetables only last a few days. x

Do you not have a greengrocer close? - i know a lot have shut down.

I always find them much cheaper, like usually you can get 4 HUGE jacket spuds for £1 whereas morrisons is more like £2.59.

Most grocers usually sell milk and bread too, atleast that way you couldnt be tempted to spend more than you need to! x

I go to the green grocer for fruit and veg,i pay much less, eg. Can get an onion for 8p! And i got 4 huge corn on tje cobs for £1.

I think it's so much better value. My only problem is that the veg would never last a week so I could only get 3/4 days worth. The spring onions would wilt or the potatoes sprout after a couple of days. If your within walking distance that wouldn't be a problem!

So much better value than elsewhere I've found!

We tend to use a lot of frozen veg so fruit would be the main thing. I do buy green beans and corn on the cob fresh though...never thought to look for a grocers though!
Going to have a look over the next town I think :thumbup:x

I've used them one time, someone convinced me to try it but I can't say I was impressed. A lot went off quicker than my sainsburys shop did and there was no choice... As in one type of carrot, 2 types of apple ect. Sainsburys do such a varied choice it'd be hard to beat them and I can't say I found it tons cheaper.

I got a lettuce that was full of bugs! Not sure if this is normal as they grow in the ground As prefer the bagged stuff But it was only 39p
Put me really off so just sticking to the washed and bagged lettuce now

I wonder why Aldi veg goes bad so much quicker than other supermarket veg? :|

Never had a problem

I had a pack of mixed peppers that I brought in ALDI from last weeks shop- cut two up earlier for tea and there was nothing at all wrong with them!

Also some bananas that I used for kids breakfast- a bit brown at the ends put chopped that off and the rest was fine.

Vegetables and fruit don't last an age from any supermarket- and with the price you can't really complain!

I should maybe add that I leave all my fruit and veg in the fridge

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->