How do you hold your older/longer/larger babies?

Elsa50501

Mommy of 2!
Reaction score
I'm in search of creative holds now that my baby is longer and larger.

Isabelle is almost 5 months and in 9 and 12 months clothing. Her old breastfeeding positions are not always comfy for her anymore. Add to that wiggly ness and distractibility.

I've had to get creative these days.

So let's compile a list of ways (however crazy or silly) that have worked for you! Photos/diagrams welcome, lol

I'll start. Standing like the captain Morgan pirate, balancing her butt on a raised bent knee while supporting her head with my forearm and elbow.

Sometimes she likes to go upside down! She has all kinds of weird yoga style positions! :rofl:

https://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o535/bevi86/Mobile%20Uploads/0E357BCD-E44E-48F9-81B2-969DDA611C73.jpg

Sometimes she likes to go upside down! She has all kinds of weird yoga style positions! :rofl:

https://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o535/bevi86/Mobile%20Uploads/0E357BCD-E44E-48F9-81B2-969DDA611C73.jpg

That is hilarious!

Haha, Bevziibubble, that's hilarious.

This morning, I just lay on my back in bed and my 11 month old was just crawling around. Every so often, he'd stop next to me, bury his face in my chest for a few sucks, then head off to check something else out.

Haha, Bevziibubble, that's hilarious.

This morning, I just lay on my back in bed and my 11 month old was just crawling around. Every so often, he'd stop next to me, bury his face in my chest for a few sucks, then head off to check something else out.

Yep, my 10 month old prefers to nurse like this in bed ^^

I think it started with her having a slight tummy ache & extra clingy-ness in the middle of the night, a few weeks ago. She found comfort laying on her belly, sprawled over my chest, face in boob, kinda half nursing...she fell asleep and has been hooked ever since. Now, she likes this position a lot, it's probably her favorite while we're in bed (we cosleep) but when she falls asleep, I lay her down flat...

DS is small, so we never seemed to have many problems with position. DS prefered the cradle hold when he was small, we used to use a pillow to help prop him up until he got larger. We still do a cradle type hold when we BF now at 23 months! That and lying down. He isn't too adventurous. He occasionally will take a sip standing or seated in my lap, but won't ever nurse long term like that.

My lo straddles my lap mostly.... She's 16 months, and also does that quick nip then off to play!

Mine only feeds laying down in the morning. I had to stop her from nursing anywhere else because she would try to jump around/tell stories with my nipple in her mouth. So now we only do quiet, calm, stationary feeding. ;)

She sits on my lap facing me or on the chair alongside me and leans into my chest. We only feed once during the day anyway, the rest of the time we are lying in bed together anyway so she just lays next to/on me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->