How do you keep hope allive?

BDownmommie

Reaction score
Hi All - i am sure you all have your own tactics, tricks and resources to make it through from day to day but some of us arent really that lucky either.

I am wondering - how do you make it through each day? Its been 6 months for me of pills, peeing on sticks, taking temperatures, knowing when exactly to BD (and then resting with pillows under my butt)....I just honestly don't know how to keep the dream alive.

I start the whole fertility treatments this month - and it feels as though the dream is fading farther and farther away - anyone give me advice?

Sincerely,

desperately wanting to be a mommie :cry:

Hi All - i am sure you all have your own tactics, tricks and resources to make it through from day to day but some of us arent really that lucky either.

I am wondering - how do you make it through each day? Its been 6 months for me of pills, peeing on sticks, taking temperatures, knowing when exactly to BD (and then resting with pillows under my butt)....I just honestly don't know how to keep the dream alive.

I start the whole fertility treatments this month - and it feels as though the dream is fading farther and farther away - anyone give me advice?

Sincerely,

desperately wanting to be a mommie :cry:

I know what you mean, hope is difficult to hang on to in the midst of disappointing reality. This is our 6mth ttc (after 6mths ntnp) so we are nearly one year in. I was much more positive and excited in the beginning.

For me, it is my faith in God which grounds me. The belief that He hears my prayers and is able to help me conceive. Without this I don't know how to keep hoping...

I just heard this:

HOPE - Having Only Positive Expectations

Nice - I like that acronym - now if only i could remember that when i get down...

I had a huge melt down yesterday when my BFF told me she was 'accidentally' preggo - seriously - why the hell would someone tell me that when she knew that we are TTC with no luck? After the crying fit (at work no less), I was almost angry with her -

how horrible is that?

I just hope and pray each month for that BFP! I just tell myself if it is meant to happen this month it will! Sure it is still so disappointing when AF shows, but I try to keep my head held high so I have the courage and strength to go forward.

It's not horrible BDownmommie, you were just trying to process the news. It doesn't have anything to do with your friendship with your BFF. It's just hard to be reminded that it happens so easily for some people.

I've been finding the last few months when af turns up real hard (just past 1 yr ttc). Am now trying to plan time for my feeling crap phase and then little treats to buck my spirits up again. Also lots of big hugs from my hubbie helps loads.

If you are starting a treatment this could be the thing that makes things work for you! Fingers crossed for you getting a bfp soon!

Hi ladies, I've tried asking on other boards and no one seems to answer this question. Really, my partner have tried hard to keep our lives varied so as to focus on other things too (life!)...Things like:
-little get aways on the cheap
-bike rides
-we ride to the river or go to outdoor lakes within the city and in the Rocky Mountains to swim
-we've latched onto a new TV series on Netflix called Lost (totally addicted!)
-play cards together (Canasta) & other boardgames & w/ friends
-we've done small renos to the house and have a big garden this year (gardening is very therapeutic)
-have BBQ's with friends...we've got a trampoline in the back yard, it's amazing how adults can act like little children given the right toys. lol

I'm really inspired by other people's hobbies too. A lady on B&B is really into knitting/crocheting. I'm going to take a class in the fall and if I ever get pregnant and/or have to do bed rest I'll be armed with some artistic things to do.

We've been ttc for 16 cycles now with a m/c early on, the first month actually. I'm 41, almost 42, and df is 45. I've just about given up and everytime one of the ladies in my chat room gets a bfp, it just makes me more depressed. I did have testing done one time and the estradiol was 112 and fsh was 6.1 and they told me that it wasn't looking good. That was a year ago. They said it didn't look like I was O'ing every cycle but my charts say otherwise. All I can do is cry when AF comes. I have even considered ending my life over it. I know, that's wrong, but I just want another child. Yes I have had 5 daughters, but only one lives with us. I would love a son to carry on df's name, and to have a mama's boy.

I really try to stay positive - having a hard time today as it is cd1. We have been TTC #2 for so long I am not even sure anymore how many years altogether - at least 5 or 6 and every month after a day or two of feeling like a piece of crap, I get up and dust myself off and look to the next cycle. Every month gets a little harder, especially as the fertility treatments haven't worked for us and IVF seems to be the end of the road and I just don't feel ready to go there yet. Today I had a long drive home from our family cottage by myself and I cried and brooded the whole way. I know that I will feel better in a day or so and look ahead to this next chance. I am on my second cycle of soy isoflavones. I know that probably didn't help much but having a good support group - spouse, family and friends really helps and sometimes I write my feelings down or just go for a walk on the trails with my dogs and talk to myself about how I feel and my next steps. I wish you all the best of luck and :dust: to us all.

My RE told me to read "Three Majic Words". He is a totally out of the box thinker. I am reading it and it is helping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->