How do you keep your whites white?

Missnurse

Reaction score
Strange question I know but it is to do with DD!

I used to buy the comfort brighter colours/whites fabric softener for DD school uniform (red jumpers/tshirts etc so fade really quick) but it has now been discontinued and I am nearly finished my last 2 bottles. The red jumpers and her skirts trousers are easy as you can get colour washing powder but I wondered how I would now keep her white t shirt and socks etc White? I've found with white things in the past the grey eventually.

Any tips ladies?

I use an Oxy White (Vanish, Lidl's own, Asda etc) in the wash.

Thank you for that I'll keep my eyes open on the next shop!

What temperature do you wash your whites on?

I only ever wash them on 95 degrees. I use Persil non-bio and if they are really dirty I add a scoop if vanish oxi action to the wash. My whites always look really white although things like wipe board marker marks don't always come out.

Hang out in the sun? Sorry, not sure as I have never had whites go grey.

Hang out in the sun? Sorry, not sure as I have never had whites go grey.

Agree, hang things out in the sun as much as possible to bleach them.

I put a cup of Vanish liquid in with whites sometimes but otherwise I wash at 40 degrees and use non bio powder and I've never had whites go grey yet.

I tbh that whites tend to only really go really grey if you wash them with other items. I know people that wash all their clothes on 40 and the don't seperate anything and their whites end up grey.
Putting the out on the line is good too-I'm loving this unseasonable good weather as I'm getting my washing out each day :)

I don't separate colours, but I only cold wash and most of the year I dry outside.

I seperate everything as I wash her uniforms separate to everything else and each other (red/black things together and white things together) I think I was just more worried her t shirts and things would go grey as I have had white things go grey in the past after many washes etc regardless of temp etc.

As for the line drying I do as much as I can but can't at the minute due to the not so glorious weather I'm having in Scotland, howling gales and torrential rain! I can only dry on a clothes horse thing then.

I will the oxy powder than someone suggested further up

Thank you ladies

I wash her uniform separate to everything else.

I do the whites on a 40 and add a few scoops of vanish in. The biggest problem I have is that I keeo shrinking the polo shirts :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->