How do you know how much to feed your b

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
...I have lots of weaning questions this morning!

How do you know if you are feeding your baby too much?

At the moment, when we are feeding Tristan, he seems to eat so much! For example, this morning, he had about six spoonfuls of baby rice mixed in with quite a bit of breast milk and a whole tub of Organix fruit puree. He just kept opening his mouth and crying when I stopped, so I kept feeding him! Is this too much at six and a half months? Do we let them guide us on how much too feed them - i.e. when they clamp their mouths shut or something?

Yeah, babies have the self control I wish I didn't have! They don't over eat in most cases x

we've been in the same boat. My daughter eats loads! Seriously. I always think i'm giving her too much but since talking to my hv i feel better. She informed me babys self regulate and will just stop eating when they've had enough.

what the others said really. You'll find he'll have some days of eating loads and than other days of not eating much at all :)

I stop when she blows if back at me! :lol:

Hebe eats 1 rusk mixed with two heaped dessert spoons of porridge and 2 oz of milk for breakfast AND sometimes a petit filous after - she usually blows it back towards the end.

With her tea its a 100g pot of Plum veg then a petit filous or half a pot of the Organix fruit. Again when she blows it I stop....it's very messy and we both wear a bib....seriously....:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->