how do you measure hb on a doppler? x

Northernmonke

Reaction score
Hi all just got my doppler today. Second hand angel sounds jumper doppler. I habe just tried it quickly and think I have picked up both hb but not sure how to count them? I tried counting as a timer was on but it seemed very low and im hoping all is ok x

Hmmm them Dopplers ain't that good ! Doesn't it have a screen on it ? There not really accurate those

You need a proper medical Doppler too measure rate properly hunxxx

I had an angelsounds and loved it. I put a clock w a seconds hand in view and I just counted the beats for 15 seconds and then multiplied by 4. I found it to be quite accurate as I was high risk and I saw my OB nearly each week and his doppler picked up similar number of beats as mine.

If the hb is not over 100 you may be picking up yours. You are still a bit early too so its harder to find baby's. It became much easier for me once I got to 12 weeks.

Im 11 weeks tomorrow with twins. I can find 2 slow train noises around 90odd bpm and mine is around 70bpm. I have my 12 week scan on 30 th so I am praying all is ok as we are telling our parents on xmas day x

I do believe those Dopplers are hard too find babies HB early hunnie !
I have only just found mine at 12week with a sonoline b Doppler

And my heart beats around 65-75 but different parts off my body I was picking my HB up at 90&100 but I think all the blood flow stops it been accurate ,

I don't think your babies HB are 90 each Hun coz that is too low xxx

I used mine just this morning and it took me a while to find baby (baby's HB was underneath my HB-vein/artery-if that makes sense. I kept missing it. Baby tries to hide from the doppler because it is very loud to them. Don't worry I'm sure everything is fine. The train sound is definitely your HB and not the baby's. Your picking up an artery (one on each side close to your hip bones). Hope that helps! :thumbup:

I try not to use mine much because it makes me panic even more.

I put the stopwatch on my phone, then count the beats in 15 seconds, then multiply by 4. (I can never keep count for a full minute lol)

Ps. I had a large SCH in my last pregnancy, lots of heavy bleeds, but it resolved by 20w! Fingers crossed yours goes ASAP! X

I have angel sounds, loved it in the early days.

I counted with a timer to 20 then times by 3 :thumbup:

It could still be early. My midwife uses angelsounds for tracking hb at the 12 week check up...she warned me as I was 11w5d that it might be a bit too early to find it but she did end up finding it (she's had some practice) so it could just be a bit early but I'm sure the brand is accurate as the hospital uses them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->