How do you pinpoint exact ovulation by physical signs?

FertileFlower

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
Disregarding OPK's and temping, what are your tell signs for when you are vs have ovulated?

For example, do you have tender boobs before/during/after ovulation?
Nausea? Ovary pain? Increased appetite?

Usually those symptoms does not kick in (with the exception for ovary/ovulation pain) until AFTER ovulation for me. However, OPK gave me a positive yesterday, after those symptoms have shown up.

We can send men to the moon, but we can't figure out the reproductive processes more precise. A funny world we live in!

I can never pinpoint O by physical signs. I can only pinpoint my fertile period. My physical signs are high soft cervix and either very watery or EWCM. Outside of physical signs I have to temp to pinpoint it.

From what I've read, your cervical mucus usually dries up right after ovulation. So once my fertile mucus disappears, then I assume ovulation has occured. This seems to happen 48 hours after my first positive OPK on most cycles.

I always go by my cervical mucous, my desire to have sex, and I get sore nipples either day of or day after ovulation. I don't count sore boobs now as I found that unreliable. My cervix also hurts day of ovulation, no idea why. It gets tender.

It's usually by looking back over my chart that I see when it happened, sometimes my body seems to gear up to O but doesn't do it. I know it's happened when my CM dries up.

https://i66.tinypic.com/2uzs1oy.png

I can tell I'm going to ovulate by my cm and I can usually tell when I ovulated by the cramps I get after a positive opk. Those are the only signs that I can really be sure of. Anything else isn't very consistent from cycle to cycle.

Thank you ladies! I know it is different for everyone.
Just trying to see if there are some more common symptoms that one
might be able to go by.

I always thought my breast got tender and enlarged AFTER ovulation, but it seems it's during. Maybe. :)

I have never been able to pinpoint exactly when I've ovulated or exactly when it's ended using only physical signs. I usually know it's about to come a few days before because of ewcm and my husband looks and feels like a big tasty candy bar to me lol

I had another blazing positive OPK again today.
But I have all signs that usually indicates I've ovulated already.
I'm so confused. Hunger pains, nausea, itchy boobs, constipation....

This cycle is the first cycle where I was really sure I knew when I ovulated by the pain I experienced. I had had two days of +OPKs and on the second day around mid afternoon I had a weird pulling painful sensation in my uterus that shot downwards (a little like period cramps) for about two hours and then suddenly stopped. The next day I had niggles in both ovaries, which I took to be after pains. I also had tender breasts around then. By evening my EWCM had mostly dried up even though I'd had lots in the morning.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"