How do you rapid cool?

canadadiva

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but how do you rapid cool the bottles?

I premake bottles by using boiled water cooled to luke warm (usually cool the water for 20-30 min. Mix in formula, put in bottles and put in fridge. Am I missing a step here? Sounds like I need to rapid cool somehow?

Thanks

I always put the bottles made up with the formula and boiled water in a sink filled with cold tap water. They cool really quickly like that

This might be a dumb question, but how do you rapid cool the bottles?

I premake bottles by using boiled water cooled to luke warm (usually cool the water for 20-30 min. Mix in formula, put in bottles and put in fridge. Am I missing a step here? Sounds like I need to rapid cool somehow?

Thanks

We put the bottles in ice water and cool them... Usually takes a few minutes and then they're good to go in fridge

Do I still need to rapid cool if I let my water cool down before mixing the formula?

When they say "rapid cool" they are going on the principle that you have made the bottles up using 70c+ (hot) water as described in the instructions on most UK formula brands. So if you boiled 1ltr of water in the kettle and left it to cool for 20-30 mins, then poured into bottles, then the water would still be very hot and above 70c. It is advised that hot bottles are not put into the fridge hot as it can damage the fridge.

Mixing formula powder with water above 70c plays a fundumental role in making up formula as safely as possible as outlined by the World Health Organisation. They advise using water 70c+ as formula powder is not a sterile product and by using really hot water make up formula you will destroy any bacteria that is potentially contained in the formula powder. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->