How do you set your meals out?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
So starting from next week we are going to introduce meal no3 with Brooke and i was just wondering how you set yours out?

At the moment she has porridge/baby rice for breakfast/brunch and then either a sweet or savoury puree for tea.

Im wondering if now meal no3 is coming in whether i can stick to savoury at one meal and sweet at the other?

EG. Breakfast - Porridge, Lunch - Sweet, Dinner - Savoury

How do you guys all do it?

What we do is

Breakfast - Banana and Peach Hipp stuff

Bottle

Lunch - Sandwich, Organix carrot sticks, bits of finger food then a cow & gate custard pot after

Bottle

Dinner - Half a jar of stage 2 savory dinners or pasta and sauce then a yogurt

Bottle

Hope that helps a bit I know Brooke isnt eating the same sort of stuff though x

We introduced the 3rd meal a couple of weeks ago and now do

Bottle
Breakfast- Cereal
Lunch- Veg + Fruit
Bottle- Sometimes with some rice cakes etc...
Dinner- Veg + sometimes some yog or other finger food fruit
Bottle

Been mainly sticking to savory, we only introduced fruit about a month and a half ago!!

Lewis is quite a bit older but our meal times go like this:-

7.30 Porridge/Weetabix with fruit
8.00 Bottle
10.00 Snacks
11.45 Veggies & yogurt
2.30 Bottle (sometimes) or snacks
5.30 Veggies & fruit
6.30 Bottle

I'd try to get your LO used to savoury tastes first, as these can be harder for them to accept once they have a taste for sweet foods. (Who could blame them).

I would do fruit for lunch and vegetable for dinner. I did give Connor something sweet before I introduced him to green veggies so he refused to eat greens until 10 month because he didn't like that taste :dohh: so beware of that lol.

Well Brookes quite easy going so far when it comes to sweet/savoury, the only thing she's turned her nose up at is cauliflower cheese.

Think i might try fruit for lunch and veg for dinner to get us going and see how we get on as its still really only small bits of puree along with her usual bottles

Ollie's meal routine is:

7.30am Bottle
9.30am weetabix
12.30pm Bottle
1.30pm dinner
5pm Bottle
5.30pm fruit puree
7pm Bottle

we do roughly

6.30-7bottle
8.30-cereal of some kind
9.30-bottle
11.30-12bottle
12.30ish lunch
1.30-2ish bottle
4ish bottle
5-5.30 dinner
6.30bottle

she still has loads of milk, but she's catching up from when she wasnt putting on weight! she has atleast 8oz in a bottle! we're just starting to introduce yoghurts at lunch aswell!

No wonder Hebe's a baby elephant.....:blush:

She goes like this...

7am ish BF - Quite a big one
9am - porrige half a regular dish full and half a banana
12/1pm - BF - quite a short one
3pm BF - medium!
4.30/5pm - upto 200g if ready made or half a regular bowl of veggies, then a yogurt (80g) or about the same in pureed fruit.
7.30/8pm - 9-13oz milk

When I say a regular bowl I mean like one of the dishes we eat from. Porrige wise she has roughly just over half what I would eat :shy:

So her meals are a savoury then a small sweet but I suppose she's older and been at it longer.....no wonder she's cut back on her milk intake.....:blush:

when we first went to three meals a day honey we would do this:

bottle and breakfast - baby rice and apple

bottle and lunch - veggie puree

bottle and tea - fruit puree

bottle for bedtime

once she got used to that we eventually introduced savoury and sweet with both lunch and dinner :D x x

At that age she had a bottle for breakfast and an hour later cereal for breakfast.

at noon(ish) she'd have another bottle and a fruit puree for lunch

at 4 she'd have another bottle

and at 5(ish) she'd have a veggie puree for dinner

Now that she's older she gets a bottle in the morning and an hour later cereal with a fruit puree.

lunch at 12 with 3-4 options (usually a finger food veggie, fruit, cheese, and a yogurt)

dinner at 5:30 with 2-3 options (another finger food of pasta, bread, fruit, or veggie) plus something with protein whether it be pieces of chicken, pasta with meat, an egg or a jar with meat in it plus an entire fruit cup!

our routine is

7am - bottle
9am - breakfast cereal
11am - bottle
1pm - veg and fruit for pudding
3pm - bottle
5pm - veg and fruit for pudding
7pm - bedtime bottle and then sleep through the night

good luck with meal number 3 hun
Lou
xxx

I'm having this dilemma too. We've only just started to introduce veggie purees though but so far this is kinda our routine:
8am nurse/bottle
10 ish breakfast of porridge
12 nurse/bottle
2ish lunch of puree
4 nurse/bottle
6ish rice (will swap this for veg later as he gets used to more variety)
8pm last nurse/bottle before bed.

Mostly I am breastfeeding but I put bottle for the times when I would give him a bottle if i was bottle feeding.

Sometimes he only has a couple of spoons and then loses interest, others he seems like he can't get enough. I can't really tell how much he takes when breastfeeding though so that might have something to do with it. And I'm really only giving a tablespoon or so of each meal.

does my little princess have a hell of a lot of milk?! looking at all you other ladies, katie seems to have loads!! and its 8oz bottles!

does my little princess have a hell of a lot of milk?! looking at all you other ladies, katie seems to have loads!! and its 8oz bottles!

Brooke has X5 7oz bottles a day ... she usually drinks between 30 and 35 a day :)

Hannah's never drank the amount of formula they say she "should" so don't go by her ;)

Both Faith and Ollie have never had the "proper" amount so to speak. Ollie has 4 5oz bottles so you can't really go by him either lol! x

we're having 40+ ounces a day!! trying to cut it back a bit tho by giving water!

jem, hasnt ollie got a dead grown up face!!

I'm still in the beginning stages at the moment, but Seren has -
8/9am - Bottle 7oz
12pm - Baby Rice/Bottle 7oz
4pm - Bottle 7oz
8pm - Bottle 7oz
What I'm going to do next week is start giving her porridge/cereal in the morning and give her a veg puree at either her lunch time bottle 12pm, then eventually fruit puree at her tea time bottle at 4/5pm, then just her milk.

Im having a nightmare with Leo's feeds atm.
Right now he has

Breakfast -9am - Small bit of porridge & a bottle

Lunch - 1pm - Fruit or Veg puree and a bit of baby juice as he refuses a bottle at this time.

Tea - 5pm - Small bit of Veg Puree & a bottle

Supper -9pm - Small bit of porridge & a bottle.

Then he'll sleep through till 9am.

I keep having to change things around because he was refusing bottles at certain times but so far that routine has worked well

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->