How do you sort out saggy skin?

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
Gross I know, but I am going to the gym 3 times a week for 2 hours each time, and am losing weight and gaining muscle. The problem is, my stomach still resembles porridge, I dont have issues with the stretch-marks but my skin is all loose and gross :blush: What can I do to sort it out? I drink lots of water and eat well, I walk to work and back every day (3 miles a day), I just cant seem to shift my stomach. I have lost weight on my chest and have loose skin there too :dohh:
Any advice appreciated!
:flower:

Gross I know, but I am going to the gym 3 times a week for 2 hours each time, and am losing weight and gaining muscle. The problem is, my stomach still resembles porridge, I dont have issues with the stretch-marks but my skin is all loose and gross :blush: What can I do to sort it out? I drink lots of water and eat well, I walk to work and back every day (3 miles a day), I just cant seem to shift my stomach. I have lost weight on my chest and have loose skin there too :dohh:
Any advice appreciated!
:flower:

I have done a lot of research on this because I ahve the same problem. Aparently saggy skin caused by weight loss only gets better with time. You can also try and fill it back up with muscle but if you are like me, I would be way too beefy if I filled all my excess skin up with muscle. :blush:

Another theory I hear is having a low body fat percentage will make the excess skin far less bad. I know it seems odd to say they more weight you lose the better it will get, but as long as you have some fat still in the folds of saggy skin it will weigh them down and look worse (jeez this sound so gross doesn't it? It sounds worse when I try and explain it. :dohh:)

How long you been losing weight/going to gym etc?

Ive been exercising for also 6 months straight, there is a huge difference.
It isnt as loose, it isnt as saggy.
So really for me, its just taken time & effort.

Thanks for the replies! :hugs:
Cooney, I know what you mean, it doesnt seem possible that it will get better in time (less fat = less stuffing so more skin :blush: :haha:), but I know its early days and will just be patient. I am getting more muscle (I use weights for nearly an hour when gymming), and have noticed my stomach is getting flatter, like its being pulled in, so hopefully that will help.
MummyToAmberx, Ive been going to the gym for 2 months (so not that long), will give it more time maybe, Ive always had a saggy stomach (I was a size 18 when I was 18, and lost it when at uni), but wanted it to sort itself out quicker than it has :dohh: (Im now a 12). I even looked in Boots for creams that firm the skin, to be honest I dont think they sell a cream strong enough :rofl:

I have the same thing, I think it's just mummy souvenirs tbh. I have a friend who had kids when she was very young and she still has it despite being like a size 8-10 and really flat stomach, she still has the wrinkles where there's too much skin but it doesn't seem to hang or sag so you can't see it through clothes.

Two years ago I dumped my ex and promptly dropped too much weight in too short of a time, I literally shrank everyday because I was heartbroken :p Silly me, the result was that two months later I had like a little belly pouch of skin that was very loose... it took a few months to go away, but it did go away entirely!

It all depends on your genes and your skin, I don't know what kind of skin you have but it may very well be that it will all just disapear again, your body will adjust to having a little less 'stuffing' skin is very elastic!
I would probably make sure to moisturize well, keep drinking lots of water and eating well and I am sure you will see a change by end of summer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->