How do you tell position?

AllyTiel

Reaction score
So I'm 4 days overdue, and getting petty uncomfy. My midsection is crammed full of baby! Not as many hard sudden punches, but she rolls like crazy and I see limbs sweeping back and forth. She has been head down since they've been checking, and she was at my 40 week appt last Thursday. I feel tons of movement above my belly button, and a firm lump I assume is baby butt? But I also feel movement down low, above pubic area. I feel sweeping back and forth down there too. I also have limbs poke out of belly button a lot. Wouldn't her feet and legs be higher up? I'm confused about her position. Would hate for her to have flipped breech at this stage. Seems unlikely, but why feeling so much movement up high AND down low? She was -2 station at my appt 4 days ago, which I guess means she's not very engaged :/

You're probably feeling knees, they would be curled up just above your belly button and the arms by your pubic bone. Pretty unlikely that baby would have flipped breech at this point, they fit better head down. My midwife showed me how to tell the baby's position. Curl your fingers gently around the hard lump and very gently wiggle side to side. A butt won't move but a head will (because of the neck).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->