How do you use the OV test strips?

kandiset06

Reaction score
Quick question...I'm ordering some ovulation test strips as suggested by mintypeas. Does anyone know how often you need to use them? I just got my AF today and I should have them in 5 days or so. I am confused about the temp taking thing so I was thinking this would be easier. Thanks!!!

I usually OV around CD14 so i start using them on CD10. Tryt not to drink too much and hold your pee for about 4 hours. I found i get best results mid afternoon, 2pm ish. When i start getting reasonably noticable lines i do 1 at 2pm and another at about 6pm till i get my positive (as dark or darker than control line). Then i continue to test once s day till lines start to fade. :)

Have a look at www.peeonastick.com it tells you anything you could ever want to know about ovulation (and pregnancy) test sticks.

My only advice would be to keep in mind that everyone is different and that a positive only means that hl (luteinizing hormone) has been released indicating ovulation but you don't know whether you caught the surge (of the hormone) at the beginning, the middle or the end. The standard time given is that once you see a positive result you will ovulate between 12-36 hours after. You should never test in the morning (as with pg. tests) but usually somewhere between 2 (see post above) and 7pm. Ive had great luck anytime within those hours (usually testing after work). Also don't read it after the indicated time..you could be reading a false result as the urine evaporates from the stick!

In the test pack or at the website above you will get an indicating schedule on when you should start testing. If you're lucky you will get a fade in pattern, meaning they will get darker and darker until you get the positive which is a great indicator as to when to start bd (don't forget it takes a long time for those little suckers to swim up, lol!).

If all else fails and you're feeling a little flush i greatly recommend the Clearblue Fertility Monitor as it takes all the guesswork out of those little sticks AND more importantly tells you when you are about to ovulate as opposed to when you've ovulating (as with the sticks) giving you a better window for when to bd. I got mine cheaper on Ebay and you can get sticks cheaper there too. Ive had mine for 2 years and its a godsend. A pack of sticks usually lasts for two months.

Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->