How do you wash your cloth wipes?

sixtwelve09

Reaction score
Ill be using cloth wipes along with cloth diapers, but I'm terribly confused. Many of the cloth wipe solutions I've found use ingriedients like essential oils, baby soap, baby oil, etc. I've read many blogs where mothers recommend washing cloth wipes in the same wash as cloth diapers, but wouldn't that cause a build up if all the oils and soap from the wipes are washing out in the same water the cloth diapers are in? Does any one have a particular washing routine for their wipes?

I use cloth wipes with warm water only and throw them in with the cloth diaper wash. I stack them in a cloth wipes warmer so they are ready at all times. Super easy. If you used a lot of products in your wipe solution I suppose it could cause issues, but certainly there are some cloth diaper safe options that would wash right out with your regular diaper wash. It should really only be a tiny amount of ingredients and mostly water, right?

I thought about just using water and a wipes warmer, but was told it would make bacteria grow faster on the wipes. I havent actually found evidence to support that though. I'll probably just not use oil or soap, to be safe.

We go through the wipes so quickly that we've never had a problem with bacteria or anything. Small amounts of oil or soap are probably fine. I slathered my LO with coconut oil on the few occasions she got a rash and that is cloth safe and washed out with ease. Other oils might do the same.

I make a solution and spray it onto wipes. My dd doesn't care that it's not warm. I buy a concentrate called 'kissaluvs diaper potion' and mix it with distiller water and witch hazel. I wash with the diapers.

I don't use them for poopy dipes, so I just throw them in with baby's clothing to wash. I soak them in water most of the time to wipe or pat and that is it.

I've never used a wipe solution other than a homemade one on a rare occasion--calendula castile soap and water or the soap and coconut oil and water--but even then I didn't utterly saturate the wipes, just made them wet enough to do the job, or splashed baby's bottom with the mixture and then wiped.

If your wash routine is properly cleaning your diapers, it will properly clean your wipes. It's really as simple as that.

I've found that plain old cotton or terrycloth washcloths with water does the trick. I don't think anything else is necessary really unless your baby gets a bum rash, but I've only had rashes when using disposable products. Especially wipes, my baby's bum hates them.

I use only white ones for bums and different colours for washing other parts so I don't mix them up. I just keep them folded and wet them before a diaper change and throw them in with the diapers.

I just wet a terry facecloth before a change, I've never kept a bunch wet in a container. I wash them with the nappies. Have lasted me 3 years so far.

I also just use water in a squirty bottle onto dry cloth wipes as I need them. Have rarely had any issue with rashes and usually with disposables and wipes when on holiday. I then just pop it inside the nappy and wash along with. I've never had an issue with them getting mouldy or smelly, I wash roughly every second day and dry pail. I made mine out of some cotton velour fabric I bought and backed with cotton towelling from an old towel, they are a bit frayed now but have been going for 18 months and I don't have an overlocker so were just done very roughly on an ancient machine. Old towels work fine, I just find the poop comes off the velour easier :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->