How does prolactin affect fertility and implantation?

haleiwamama

Benji's mom and TTC #2
Reaction score
Im on a quest to figure this out! For what I found out, high prolactin means low estrogen and thin uterine lining, which makes it hard for an embryo to implant. But couldnt you just supplement with estrace and get good results?

Im trying to find out why doctors dont want to do an embryo transfer if you're breastfeeding, even if prolactin levels are less than 20 (which is the normal). I wanna make sure its not because they have an agenda.

You cant take estrogen while breastfeeding because it crosses into the breast milk and will reduce the quality and dry up breast milk.

Doctors dont like to do any fertility treatments while your actively breastfeeding because breastfeeding suppresses the hormones responsible for ovulation and a healthy uterine lining.

You cant take estrogen while breastfeeding because it crosses into the breast milk and will reduce the quality and dry up breast milk.

Doctors dont like to do any fertility treatments while your actively breastfeeding because breastfeeding suppresses the hormones responsible for ovulation and a healthy uterine lining.

But if you're taking estrogen to build the lining it shouldn't affect the treatment right?

But if you're taking estrogen to build the lining it shouldn't affect the treatment right?

No what I read is estrogen crosses into breastmilk and may dry up your supply. some doctors are also not too fond of doing fertility treatments till a year postpartum because your body needs time to rest.

Thats what my doctor told me too but when I ask other doctors they are open to doing it earlier... also, researching online I found tons of women that did their fertility treatment and just didnt tell their doctors they were still breastfeeding and it worked just fine... I guess it depends on the person, some will dry out and some wont...

Im just trying to rule out the idea that maybe the doctor has an agenda behind all of this...

I agree it depends on the person and what treatments & hormones these women are taking whether it will have much of a impact on breast milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->