How fast can u dialate w contractions?

bdcrossley

Reaction score
Currently been having contractions very consistently average of 8 min went to hospital 3 hrs ago was only 1.5cm and 80% thinned. How fast can things progress? They sent me home and now am home going through this pain and very hurt :(

This might not help - but depends if they continue... I had them 3 in 10 mins at some stages on Weds. Got checked at triage and was told I was 3cm with a soft cervix and they expected to see me back that night... Well - I'm still pregnant, it's all come to a lovely standstill with now inconsistent contractions and cervix pains...

Hope you have more luck than me!!! xx

I'm not sure this helps but my experience was with being induced. At 10pm I was 1cm dilated and having strong contractions but couldn't cope with just my tens machine, was given some pethidine so I could sleep and woke up at 2:30 to my waters breaking and when I was checked I was 10cm. Had her at 3:23am so it can happen very quick. If you feel out of control with the pain it's probably happening quickly for you too.

Just wanted to add my contractions were every 2 minutes from the start, so that could be why it happened quickly.

Mine started off every 8 mins and mild at 7ish. They were noticeably sharp from 9.30 but I could still talk through them until lunchtime. At 3pm they were every 3mins but lasting only 30secs as they eased off in the car. At 5pm I was 6cms. At 6.15pm I was pushing and had baby 33mins later!

As a guide the average is 1cm an hour, but no one has a textbook labour. If you are worried, or you can't talk through the pain then call and ask advice.

No one really knows, that's the unfortunate thing.

I hope things progress quickly as possible for you x

No one really knows, that's the unfortunate thing.

I hope things progress quickly as possible for you x

This really hun. I went to 9cm in about 3-4 hours since my first contraction.

I think it CAN happen quickly, or slowly. It'll go either way.

I was induced - So not too helpful!

But I was 1-2 cm at 2am.. waters broke. 4cm at 4am.. Had him at 9:14 am. (Fully dilated at 8:30 ish)

I think it CAN happen quickly, or slowly. It'll go either way.

I was induced - So not too helpful!

But I was 1-2 cm at 2am.. waters broke. 4cm at 4am.. Had him at 9:14 am. (Fully dilated at 8:30 ish)

Off topic but, I'm looking at induction on wednesday and am so nervous. Your story sounds great though. Was that your first or second baby?

It really depends on the woman. I was induced with my first, but I recently had my second. Contractions started Tuesday am (I was already 3cm dilated and 80% effaced according to doctor's appointment day before). They weren't regular that day, but at about 1 am Wednesday morning they were every 8-10 minutes apart and lasting 2 minutes. I was 5 cm and fully effaced when I went into L&D (at 1:30 am). By 2:15, I was 7cm. By 3am I was 10 cm and having the urge to push, had him at 3:20 am.

It was much quicker than I expected especially for a spontaneous birth like that. But I wasn't sure entirely what to expect since I was induced before. But as said each woman and labor is different.

Impossible to say were all different.

I was contracting every night for 14 days for 5-6hrs, they got as close as 6min apart.

When i went into slow labour with even closer contractions but still irregular was 12hrs. I went 8-10cm in 30mins though, aint no rule to it all.

I seen lady gone 2-10cm in 1hr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"