How fertile are you after birth?

RosieB1977

Reaction score
First off, I am not sure if I am posting this in the right section.... If I haven't I apologize!

I am wondering how fertile you are after giving birth, and for how long.
My baby Rayna came into the world on March 20th, I still haven't gotten my period(other than the weeks of bleeding after birth), hubby and I are hoping for another one, and due to our ages(I am 35 and hubby is 41) we have opted for no BC and hope that a second babe will come naturally and sooner rather than later.

So, since I haven't gotten my period, how long do I wait to test.. should I bother testing? It hasn't been long since our first time after Rayna came because of bleeding and waiting for stitches to heal.

Thanks, Rose

I think you can conceive from 3 weeks after giving birth. Good luck! X

I only breastfed for about three weeks... well, pumped(which I found out that my milk wasn't thick enough and Rayna was not gaining fast enough).

It may take a little while for your cycle to return, but if you have a look at my signature... I learnt you are super fertile after birth.... :) I didn't have a cycle after my son at all, but with my daughter it was 10 weeks before I had a cycle... so it can take time to return (maybe a bit longer as you did breasfeed at some point. If you are having any symptoms def test - it certainly doesnt cause any harm too xx

Are you familiar with Fertility Awareness? You may want to get Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler from your library and reading the parts on conception and postpartum fertility.

That book got me pregnant.

Are you familiar with Fertility Awareness? You may want to get Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler from your library and reading the parts on conception and postpartum fertility.

That book got me pregnant.

Okay, thank you! I have never hard of it, but I may pick it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->