How is your Preemie growing??

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
Evie is 15 months now and only weighs 17lb 13oz and in 6-9 month clothes. I am really worried as shes so tiny. Daisy will overtake her at this rate :wacko:. She does eat quite well for her size and will eat most things. Im just really worried, I spoke to my HV and she suggested a re-weigh in 4 weeks, then she may refer her to a dietician, but I cant see what that will achieve :shrug:, eating is not really an issue, she has a balanced diet and eats very regularly. Any advice, or anyone been in the same situation??? Thanks in advance. xx

I think some HVs are so used to full termers that they dont know the ins and outs of a preemie. Alex is 14.1lb as of yesterday, and its took forever to get to that weight, I can imagine we will be in a similar position as you at 15 months! I dont think theres anything to worry about tbh, but hey, if you get a referral to the dietician, just go along as see what they can do, if anything.

Sometimes preemies are just built small. I'm still a proper short arse :rofl:

Chloe and Jaycee are nearly 15 months old and they weigh about 20lb and 18lb. Chloe is heavier than Jaycee and people would never think she was a prem but Jaycee has always been tiny. Her waist size is small and she only in 6.9 months or 9.12 months and Chloe can get into 9.12 and 12.18.

I dont think a dietician is going to do anything. You cant feed a child anymore than she wants to eat!!! . I wouldnt worry too much. Is she active?? Crawling, Walking??? She is most likely burning it off xx

Chloe and Jaycee are nearly 15 months old and they weigh about 20lb and 18lb. Chloe is heavier than Jaycee and people would never think she was a prem but Jaycee has always been tiny. Her waist size is small and she only in 6.9 months or 9.12 months and Chloe can get into 9.12 and 12.18.

I dont think a dietician is going to do anything. You cant feed a child anymore than she wants to eat!!! . I wouldnt worry too much. Is she active?? Crawling, Walking??? She is most likely burning it off xx

Yes she is quite active, she shuffles around on her bum and has started walking with her push along toy. Thank you, its reassuring to know that shes not the only one in 6-9 month clothes :thumbup:xx

Molly is 15 months and now weighs 20lb 9oz. She is quite tall, and is in 9-12 months clothes, but the trousers are always a bit big round the waist.

I have identical twins and theres around 2lbs difference in weight and no difference in height, but L. (smaller twin) looks half the size of her sister, she's heavy but looks really petite.
T. on the other hand is a chubster :D but it just goes to show that even identical twins are never totally the same,and just a slight difference in weight can be noticeable.

They weight between 11-12kgs now i think,we havent seen HV for ages.

We had 4 weekly weigh in today and again matthew's weight was a problem he is 13 months and weighed 18lb 9 he has dropped back under the 9th centile he has been hovvering about for nearly 6 months but I asked to do his height as he has taken a big stretch and he did now 75cm and gone from 50th to 90th centile. He is ridiculosly active I get tired watching him and eats really well so for once I'm not concerned.

Matthew has just last week fitted into 9-12 month clothes but they're quite baggy so your def not alone.

Hv just said to give him more high calorie stuff (which we have been doing anyway) only area that concerns me is that he is now very crammed in his baby car seat with his long legs but can't go into his new front facing til he hits the magic 20lb mark thought we would be there by now but realistically prob another 2 months now in which case well just need to drive with the window down and let his legs poke out the window hehe xx

Yes she is quite active, she shuffles around on her bum and has started walking with her push along toy. Thank you, its reassuring to know that shes not the only one in 6-9 month clothes :thumbup:xx

Yeah I wouldnt worry. I think the twins are a few weeks younger than Evie.
They walk with a push along walker thing and they can shuffle round tables but they arent walking properly yet..

They are still small and I get people saying ahhh how old are they and then they are shocked when I tell them the are 15 months old nearly lol x

Mckenzie is now 31weeks (7months) and only 12lb 15oz still way under the 0.4th centile!!! Only just going into 3-6month clothes lol but been in the baby grows for a while!! Hv pleased with his weight gain has his own little wavy line (weight goes up and down) esp as he put 7oz on in a week! He is very active crawling every where and pulling himself up on everything so everything he has he burns off at this rate he might be 15lb by the time he is a year!! Hv said he doesn't look skinny just small!!

Bryce is doing ok, hes still 5 weeks behind, hes now 16 lb 12 oz at 7 months old.

he wasnt majorly prem but still 5 weeks early, hes like a mini man lol

Connor was 2lb 11 1/2 oz at birth. He weighed 9lb 14oz at 6 months actual age. His last weigh in was at 32 weeks actual and was 11lb 10oz.

Anja-Josaphine was 13lb exactly at her 8 month check, My son was 5 weeks early and hes 25lb at 26m.

She wheres 3-6m clothes and he wears 12-18m clothes:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"