How late can you request a home birth.

cookielucylou

Reaction score
My labour with my first was very fast, i was in delivery as soon as we arrivied so I think this time a hb would be a better option for us. At the moment though we live with the fil so it would be unpractical having one here, but we are hoping to move before the baby is born.

My understanding, maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, is that you can request to home birth as late as when you are in labour. You just have to inform the midwives when you call that you will be staying at home and they have to send someone out to you. I'm not sure that's ideal, however, if you can start planning with your midwife earlier, so she can drop off any necessarily supplies and make sure you have everything that you'll need. You could tell them now, but let them know that you plan to move before the birth and they should send someone out to do your home birth assessment shortly before you're due. When are you thinking of moving? It looks like you still have plenty of time to finalize your plans.

I changed my mind at 35 weeks (after I attended my NCT session). I had my home birth assessment within a few days of my request. It does depend on where you live as to whether they drop any equipment off in advance. With me (Chelmsford, Essex), everything came with the midwives on the big day. x

We are planning to move asap, its just finding somewhere at the moment. We will be moving to a different area, so it will be a different mw to the one we see now.

Its your birth, your baby, you can decide to have baby wherever you want :) Although telling them in advance might help xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->