How long after a c section can I use my Moby?

dom85

Mum of 2, 3rd on the way
Reaction score
Hi everyone. My little man finally arrived on Sunday 11th october by c section. I am dying to try my Moby wrap and was wondering if anyone else here had a c section and how long you waited before using a carrier?

Advice seems to be to not carry anything heavier than your baby for a while so would it be better to use the wrap than the pushchair??! I feel I am recovering well but don't want to push anything

I had a section 4 weeks ago, and haven't used a wrap as yet, and haven't really felt comfortable to until now!

I have 2 prams - an Icandy cherry and a really heavy mothercare one I was given (which I leave at my mums house!). The ICandy I was pushing a few days after the section as it was really light, but I have only just used the other one, again as I havne't felt comfortable to.

Personally I would take it slowly but do as you feel ready to! But remember that your muscles prob aren't great at the moment, and you don't want to make the wound any worse!

I did within a few weeks. I was told not to lift anything heavier than my baby so it made more sense to sling rather than have to use the pram :D

It never occurred to me to wait. I had a section and carried Otter around from the time I got up out of bed at the hospital. I started putting him in his sling right off. I He was in it with me carrying him the first time when we went back to the hospital to weigh him at 5 days old.

But I recovered pretty fast and well. I would go at your own pace and do what feels right for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->