How long after baby dropping did you go into labour?

LostandFound

Reaction score
Hi All, am 35 weeks with baby #2 and have felt baby drop over the past 3-4 days. head is most definitely down into the pelvis causing stretching and discomfort, small amounts of stretchy/clear mucus have been coming out and I know baby is in right position based on growth scans. I can just feel baby/bump is lower down.

My question is who experienced this and how long before you went into labour? I was induced before so didn't have to guess.

I can't help as my babies tend to hang out in my pelvis from very early on. Good luck! It is my understanding that for a lot of 2nd time moms, they go into labor not long after, but that is not my case by any means.

I'm still pregnancy two weeks n counting after he dropped :-(

I wanted to ask the same thing. Mine dropped at 34+3, I'm 35+6 today. The midwife said that if the baby is organised she can stay like this for weeks. I'm also having more stretchy discharge and more Braxtons.

This is my second and iv been engaged since 28weeks (ish) iv carried this baby very low my whole pregnancy and im still pregnant! So im no help but I honestly believe the whole baby dropping thing is no indication of labour being anytime soon xx

I was 3/5th engaged in the Thursday and I went into labour on the Saturday. She didn't drop any further until I went into labour

This is my 2nd and I Am between -2/-3 station and have been for about 2 weeks now. Was due yesterday - no baby yet. My cervix is 50% effaced but still closed. Things can change slowly or in an instant so don't get to caught up in it - I know i was so concerned but you gotta refocus your energy ;-) Good luck

About 3 weeks. I dropped around 36 and my water broke at 39.
It didn't mean she was ready to come out because after 31 hours, she still wasn't out and I had to have a CS since I was developing an infection from losing so much amniotic fluid for so long.
This is my first, though. It's my understanding that subsequent pregnancies often drop later/closer to delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->