• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long after bloody show?

mrsmummy2

Mum of 3 ❤
Reaction score
8 days overdue today and finally had a sweep at 1.45pm.... Midwife said I'm 3cm dilated, cervix is 1.5cm long and central..
6pm had bloody mucus which has happened basically everytime I've gone to the toilet between 6 and 8pm... nothing since. Still no contractions :shrug:

Am I likely to still be sat here on the weekend waiting to be induced? How long was it from your "show" to actually being in active labour?

I didnt have a show with DD or DS so I panicked when I saw blood :dohh:

I had a sweep on Friday (the second, as the first failed miserably) and on Saturday I lost some brown blood along with some mucus, not loads, but enough to recognise it was bloody show, in the morning. That eased off by the afternoon. Since then not a lot has gone on, except some clear greenish mucus loss, usually in mornings, only when wiping.
Soooo obviously this is my first and I can't say how long until labour would start in my experience - but here I am four days later and NOT in labour, if that's any help?

:rofl:

I had a sweep on Friday (the second, as the first failed miserably) and on Saturday I lost some brown blood along with some mucus, not loads, but enough to recognise it was bloody show, in the morning. That eased off by the afternoon. Since then not a lot has gone on, except some clear greenish mucus loss, usually in mornings, only when wiping.
Soooo obviously this is my first and I can't say how long until labour would start in my experience - but here I am four days later and NOT in labour, if that's any help?

:rofl:
How blooooooody frustrating is this ](*,)

With my first she arrived the next day and with my second I didn't lose the bloody show until I was in labour so it was that day

On both of mine It took weeks! I think with my first I had the bloody show at 36 weeks, she came naturally at 40+3, my second I had the bloody show at 33 weeks, he was induced and came at 40 weeks, this baby I had the mucus plus come away at 29/30 weeks and had the bloody show while in hospital so I was 30 or 31 weeks, 4 weeks later hes still in :rofl:

On both of mine It took weeks! I think with my first I had the bloody show at 36 weeks, she came naturally at 40+3, my second I had the bloody show at 33 weeks, he was induced and came at 40 weeks, this baby I had the mucus plus come away at 29/30 weeks and had the bloody show while in hospital so I was 30 or 31 weeks, 4 weeks later hes still in :rofl:
Oh god :shock:

Don't use me as an example though, my body is a mess and it does not like pregnancy! You may be fine :rofl:
Oh bless you!

I've never had it before so really did presume it would happen straight away :dohh:

Normoly with me I get the bloody show when contractions start. Its normoly my second sign labour has started off sure but with tommy I had the bloody show at 36+2 lost plug at 33+6
Thought this one was coming super early but when I was induced my cervix was still long so had to have the passery to shorten cervix. I was shocked because with all them awful contractions I kept having I was so sure they wud just be able to break my waters but nope.
I think I wud of gone the whole 40 weeks if they didnt induce lol. Boys are lazy lol.

Bearing in mind tho hon u are over due then it's more likely ure gonna go into labour soon.
Oh gosh hon u poor thing I have it all crossed here for you that little man will be saying hello ASAP.
[-o<

Mine came out when my water broke but I didn’t go into labour naturally so had to have the gel 12 hours later. Hopefully it goes quicker for you!

Still nothing happening for me. Started losing it slowly 26 hours ago now and no contractions at all ](*,)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->