How long after MC does cycle return?

Alison

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just a quick question - I miscarried a few weeks ago due to an ectopic pregnancy. My HCG level was measured for the final time three days ago and it was down to 19. I've started getting a bit of clear discharge, very similar to what I used to get mid-cycle around the time I ovulated. The midwife has told me to expect a period in the next 4-5 weeks, based on her assumption that I'll ovulate soon as my HCG is so low. She couldn't guarantee that the dischage I'm getting now is a sign of ovulation or things just settling back down after the MC.

Can you guys tell me how quickly your cycles returned to normal and how many weeks after a MC you got your period? I hope this isn't TMI - having got through the worst and now feeling better I just want a normal period to be reassured all's back to normal. Thanks in advance. x

sorry to hear of your loss

Usually its between 5 and 8 weeks to return to normal. I had a misscarriage in October but I never got a period because I fell pregnant straight afterwards. It worked out I ovulated 4 days after the misscarriage

Hi, mine was about 5 - 6 weeks after the m/c, good luck hun when you decide to ttc again x

Hi Alison,

I am glad to hear you are feeling better - I hope 2008 is a good year for us all!

In answer to your question, when I miscarried in November, I ovulated two and a half weeks after my first day of bleeding with the miscarriage - I used an OPK to tell me that I was ovulating. I got my period on the 30th of December which would be two weeks after ovulation. So in all that is about five weeks.

I think your hcg level has to be really low to trigger off your cycle again and then it would be a couple of weeks before you ovulate (usually - there are cases of girls ovulating days after and getting pregnant almost straight away!) and then it would be about 14 days (or your normal luteal phase time) before you get AF.

Good luck to you Alison, you deserve a great 2008!

All I know is my doctor said to wait two cycles before trying to get pregnant again - that way your body will be repaired and it will be easy for the doctors to tell when you fell pregnant.

Hi, Well I have just had my first period after my miscarriage, and it came exactly 28 days after the day I miscarried. I knew I had ovulated two weeks before I came on roughly. So I would have a guess you will have a period in 2 weeks based on my situation, but everyone is different.

Hi girls

I miscarried last Saturday. The bleeding has now passed (thank goodness) but not sure what to expect now. I am still a little tender in my stomach. How quickly did you ladies resume BD? I am worried that I may start to bleed again?

Also, when AF returned, was it very heavy?

xx

Hi, I am sorry to hear of your loss. After my miscarriage I bled for just over seven days. My period came exactly 28 days after the sac came away. Yes, it was very heavy, and the most painful peiod I have ever had. I was in agony. I still had little bits coming away, so it was weird. It may be different for you. I may have just been unfortunate.
Hope everything goes ok for you.
Shimmy.
x

Hi Shimmy

Thanks for the info. I guess we are all different. I am just preparing myself mentally.

When did you m/c? Are you ttc again? Sorry for being so nosey.

Rumpskin x

In my two miscarriages I had my first cycles at a different time.
First time after a d&c I got it like 6 weeks after and this time after a natural miscarriage I got it after 4 weeks!

Hi everyone,
Well since posting this thread I've had a period after my MC and ectopic pregnancy and it was almost 28 days after the MC. Such a relief to know everything is back to normal and a strange feeling to feel relieved at the sight of blood when only two months ago I panicked when I saw it. My midwife had told me the first period after a MC can be different in length and either markedly heavier or lighter. Mine was a little heavier and didn't follow exactly the same pattern but all in all, almost back to normal.

Hope everyone is feeling OK. x

Hi Alison, I am glad you are feeling better and your cycle is returning to normal. xxx

Hi Alison

Thanks for your message. This is reassuring for me as last weekend, I miscarried so any advice on this subject is so appreciated.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->