How long after your MC did you wait before DTD?

MrsN

Reaction score
Hi Girlies :hi:

Firstly sorry for all your losses.

I had a Medical Management 5 days ago when our little tic tac stopped growing approx 7 weeks (I should be 12 week today). The whole experience has been absolutely shattering for me, but I really cant wait to try again and feel really positive this time.

My bleeding has pretty much stopped and I was just wondering how long after you ladies had :sex:

I feel terrible for even thinking about it, but I really feel that in the next few days I will be ready :blush:

Thanks girls! :dust:

Sorry for your loss hun. Yes thinking forward will help you with this awful grieving process. We did it as soon as I was all clear down there but used protection at first as I had a D and C. You might want to give yourself a month off, but its whatever you want really.
Good luck, the next few months might be hard I am always here if you need a chat.
Take care xxx

Hi hun - did you go back to work today? It was my first day back at work too. Not half as bad as I thought as I took a month off and felt really ready. I couldn't have gone back any sooner though.

Well funny you should post this as me and the husband :sex: on the weekend for the first time since I got pregnant. I was really scared actually and paranoid that I was going to get an infection or something. But glad I did it as it's halfway there to making me feel normal again. And like you, I can't wait for my AF beginning of Feb so we can try again.

How are you anyway? I've been offline for a while as I needed some space away from the whole topic, but I've been wondering how you were doing.:hugs:

Hi love! I've also been worrying about how your doing?

My first day back was today yes, and it was awful! Nobody knew what to say to me so just ignored me, which really didnt help. I got very upset when I first went in, as it brought back memories of going back in after my scan before xmas when I found out the pregnancy wasnt developing.
But by the afternoon I was feeling much better, so hopefully things will look up from here onwards.

Really glad your feeling better now, I'm the same I think, just need some normality. Today was the first day I had got dressed and presentable enough to face the world since before xmas.

Me and DH have been speaking about DTD and he has told me he is scared he will hurt me! I would never have thought he would be like this, so I think the MC has affected him more than I thought. Hows your OH holding up? So glad things are looking up for you now :hugs: One day at a time is my motto now, and as I told my work today, I will not carry on as before and act as if nothing has happened just to make it easier for them, harsh but I have nothing to feel guilty for just because its making them feel awkward!

Chin up honey, we'll get there :hugs:
:dust:

Hi, first of so sorry for your loss, I had a natural mc at 12 weeks right before Thanksgiving.. you need to do whats right for you and your husband, everyone is different.. I totally get wanting to feel normal again though as it took some time for me to.. my husband and i dtd about 2days after the bleeding completely stopped as we were hoping to get preg again right away, dont think I ever oed though and af came in dec.. 4 weeks later.. happy and sad moment for me.. now im in the dreaded TWW again.. 9dpo tested this morning and a BFN, though it is way to early yet.. just hate the waiting.. anyways.. do what is right for you...

Hi love! I've also been worrying about how your doing?

My first day back was today yes, and it was awful! Nobody knew what to say to me so just ignored me, which really didnt help. I got very upset when I first went in, as it brought back memories of going back in after my scan before xmas when I found out the pregnancy wasnt developing.
But by the afternoon I was feeling much better, so hopefully things will look up from here onwards.

Really glad your feeling better now, I'm the same I think, just need some normality. Today was the first day I had got dressed and presentable enough to face the world since before xmas.

Me and DH have been speaking about DTD and he has told me he is scared he will hurt me! I would never have thought he would be like this, so I think the MC has affected him more than I thought. Hows your OH holding up? So glad things are looking up for you now :hugs: One day at a time is my motto now, and as I told my work today, I will not carry on as before and act as if nothing has happened just to make it easier for them, harsh but I have nothing to feel guilty for just because its making them feel awkward!

Chin up honey, we'll get there :hugs:
:dust:

Well we've got the second hardest thing over hun - been back to work. My place was the same, they either didn't speak to me or they totally and obviously skated around the subject! One girl was talking about putting her kittens in the baby room and I could see straight away that she felt awkward cos she'd said the word 'baby'! But you're right, it's not your fault this happened to you so why should you act different for everyone elses sake.

Sounds daft but the first time I went into the work loos I thought to myself - last time I was in here I was pregnant and it's really unsettling. But we've got to move on haven't we and I know we can do it. I feel like i'm getting stronger each day and I'm really trying to focus on trying again and keep telling myself the the next time the baby will survive.

Men do such a good job of hiding things that we don't realise how much they are being affected by this. That's really nice that your DH is worrying about hurting you though. Shows that he appreciates what you've been through. Mine is ok but just went into 'everything is normal' mode pretty much two days after we had our bad news.

Well like you say hun, one day at a time and we'll get there. Hopefully we'll be back in the pregnancy forum soon :flower:

Hi MrsN,

Glad it went okay for you. I thought I'd stopped bleeding around 10 days after and I saw nothing for a few hours but then DTD triggered it to start again, so make sure you have definitely stopped for 24-48 hours.
We managed to DTD without incident aroudn the 14th after medical management on the 1st. My husband works in Sri Lanka and was flying back the next day.
My only worry now is that I'm clinging to th eminiscule hope that we could have conceived and that when AF arrives I will come crashing down. Can only wait and see though.

I agree you do what feels right for you. I was told not to ttc for 3 months by one doctor and something else by another. We waited one cycle but will NTNP this cycle.

This time round we just did it at the end of the bleeding but used protection as we were getting tests done and advised to wait for results first. each time has been different though so it all comes down to how you feel emotionally.

i miscarried last wednesday, the bleeding stopped on monday and we bd on tuesday.

I'm so sorry for your loss! We DTD 7 days after my D&C. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->