How long?.....also reflux Q

sonny

Mummy of Tabitha
Reaction score
Hello all.
I was just wondering how long your LO's take to finish their bottles etc and how often they feed?

Tabs went through about 2 weeks of snacking constantly and have finally gotten here to a rough 3 - 3 1/2 ish hour routine.
She has breast too so sometimes will only have a couple of oz's from bottle but sometimes does not have breast before the bottle and it takes her sometimes around 1 hour and 15 mins to finish 4-5 ozs
Is this normal?

She has reflux and a flappy larynx and is on a thicker formula called cow and gate comfort 1 which digests quicker. We use dr brown bottles with the level 2 teat.
She is also on domperidone and ranitidine which speed up the digestion hence anti sickness and is also now on baby gaviscon.
Would all these drugs and formula make her hungry more frequenty? hence the snacking previously. Also could her slow feeding be down to the reflux.

Just wondering what other LO's are feeding like?
Thankyou all

Hannah is exclusively bottle fed and generally eats 3 ounces every 3 hours, although the last few days she's taken 4 ounces at some of her feeds. Most times it doesn't take her more than 30 minutes to finish her bottle (it's getting her to burp afterwards that takes a lot of time).

Katie takes 6 ozs of C&G comfort every four hours during the day - approx 8am, 12 Noon, 4pm, 8pm and midnight and usually sleeps til 8am the next day. It takes around half an hour, sometimes longer if she is messing about with the teat or falling asleep! I think it may be better to drink it slower as my friend's baby gulps the milk down but brings some up after most feeds. I give her infacol usually 3 times a day as sometimes it is hard to get wind up.

Katie takes 6 ozs of C&G comfort every four hours during the day - approx 8am, 12 Noon, 4pm, 8pm and midnight and usually sleeps til 8am the next day. It takes around half an hour, sometimes longer if she is messing about with the teat or falling asleep! I think it may be better to drink it slower as my friend's baby gulps the milk down but brings some up after most feeds. I give her infacol usually 3 times a day as sometimes it is hard to get wind up.
How old is Katie now?

tommy is the greediest baby i know re milk from the bottle, he has 3 oz / 3.5 oz per feed and it takes him no longer than 5 minutes to finish his bottle, hes so greedy as hes sucking it comes out the side and dribbles all down his mouth, he brings some back up and seems to be sick all the time small amounts, he normally brings up 2 enormous burps more or less straight away but holds onto more for later, (i am putting 2.5 ml of gripe water in each feed and thats helped) if i let him hed take 10 oz i swear but hed just throw it all back up, we were in a nice 4 hour routine but the past week hes turned into a monster, i had the cranial osteopath come back yesterday to do the last lot of work on his diaphragm and for two days hes awful, an example from last needs feed routine:
430pm, 6pm, 830pm, 10pm, 12, 2am, 5am, 630am, 830, 1030, 1200!! Im now wondering whether to increasee his amount to 4oz per feed? What do you ladies think? He is also having breast milk inbetween so im absolutely shattered!!

SORRY TO HIJACK THE THREAD!!
h x

tommy is the greediest baby i know re milk from the bottle, he has 3 oz / 3.5 oz per feed and it takes him no longer than 5 minutes to finish his bottle, hes so greedy as hes sucking it comes out the side and dribbles all down his mouth, he brings some back up and seems to be sick all the time small amounts, he normally brings up 2 enormous burps more or less straight away but holds onto more for later, (i am putting 2.5 ml of gripe water in each feed and thats helped) if i let him hed take 10 oz i swear but hed just throw it all back up, we were in a nice 4 hour routine but the past week hes turned into a monster, i had the cranial osteopath come back yesterday to do the last lot of work on his diaphragm and for two days hes awful, an example from last needs feed routine:
430pm, 6pm, 830pm, 10pm, 12, 2am, 5am, 630am, 830, 1030, 1200!! Im now wondering whether to increasee his amount to 4oz per feed? What do you ladies think? He is also having breast milk inbetween so im absolutely shattered!!

h x
\

Routine looks normal.First 2 months are the hardest and most exhausting.By the third month you are so used to not getting sleep that it does not affect you anymore!

My boy is now 2 1/2 months old. He is currently on 5 7oz bottles a day and finishes every drop. Normally takes him about 10 minutes to drink the whole bottle. We find though when he drinks really quickly that he is hard to burp.

According to the formula tin, he should be drinking the same amount as he is now for the next month and a half?! We are seriously thinking of giving him more now already as he still seems hungry after a bottle.

h x

Definately go for it bigbelly. How much does he weigh now?

Tabs snacks somedays but then i dont know if thats down to me trying her if that makes sense and sometimes her cue for "im really tired and need help sleeping mummy"is very similar as "im starving mummy!"
Hungry is her eating the back of her hand and tired is sucking and eating her fingers.
Some days if i am strict with myself we do get into around a 3-3 1/2hour routine.
Which is after she wakes she has a feed i then either wash,dress,change her,play with her,time in her rocker then once she starts yawning before she starts eating her fingers sometimes i can get her off to sleep before she turns into the monster with the death scream which then affects her reflux and she swallows more air etc. She is very fussy and will only sleep once she is being held upright against me while i sway. then sleep,feed,active,sleep,feed,active..........
Its hard trying to get her into a routine while trying to amuse my 2 step sons too who always seem to want to prod her when she is drifting off to sleep!! arrgghh!!

Anyway big belly,i would definately say try more ozs. Tabs is 13lbs now how much is your Tommy?
Also my mum said if you can see milk at the sides of a babies mouth thats the right flow

Oh and whats a cranial osteopath and how do you go about seeing one of those?? thinking anything might help!

Oh and whats a cranial osteopath and how do you go about seeing one of those?? thinking anything might help!

hi ya he was weighed yesterday and hes a whopping 8lb 9.5oz so nearly 3lb weight gain in 7 weeks!

I had a cranial osteopath for my hip and back as a recomendation and by god it was amazing!! Hes a really nice *a french guy that wears a kilt lol* and travels great distances for people but i think i might be pushing it if i ask him to come to you lol He told me that tommys diaphragm was on the "conk" and needed realigning and he was totally congested on his right side due to my labour, the reason he is sick is because the food cannot get down to his tummy fully and just comes straight back up...he treated my friends baby who had colic and used to scream from 5pm-11pm every night, 3 days after treating him he stopped screaming at 7 weeks old and slept straight through, hes pretty amazing he doesnt like to know anything about your birth experience as he likes to examine the baby and literally will tell you what happened from them..pretty damn cool...
Was £40 for his first session (it only normally takes one but tommy was quite bad as his blood flow had to be changed too) and his second visit was £30, I put a thread up about smiling and asking to look at my pictures look at that as they were his before and after photos of his first session i will update later with his next pic....
Look in yellow pages or ask at your clinic/health visitor they recommend some!

h x

Sonny

Katie is 10 weeks old today - she was 7lb10 when she was born and is now
12lb9. Last time she was weighed she put on 7ozs in a week and the health visitor said that was about right, one ounce per day. Katie also loves putting her fingers in her mouth, sometimes her whole fist. I wouldn't mind her sucking her thumb as I have to keep puting the dummy back in to get her to sleep but she hasn't got the hang of it yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->