How long did it take you to ovulate...

Kyliem87

Mummy of 1 Princess
Reaction score
After stopping birth control? :flower:

I had the implant removed 2-3 months ago and still nothing. I've spotted twice (4-8th June and 12-15th July) but nothing that even remotely amounts to a period. It's driving me mad! How long did it take for yours to return?

:flow:

I can't say about implant as both times I had mine removed it wasn't to conceive, but when we stopped taking the pill, it I didn't have a period because I conceived straight away.
And this time after having my coil removed I have had a little bleed, not sure that it was a proper period really, but it was more than just post removal spotting.
I couldn't tell you if i'm ovulating as I am of the laid back approach of plenty of sex and cross my fingers. Though I understand for those who have been trying longer it has become necessary to monitor ovulation etc.

But everyone is different, when I first conceived I went on these forums, and asked people if they thought I was pregnant as I hadn't had a period yet but was getting negative test results, so many people told me it took ages to get a proper cycle and my period would come in 3-6 months.

I was one of the lucky ones where the reason for no period was because I was pregnant, but there are people out there where it takes a few months. My best friend who is due in September took 6 months to conceive after stopping her contraception.

You're not alone x x x

Thanks hun :flow:

Yeah I'm trying to keep relaxed and don't see the point in beginning ovulation tests because I could have already missed it and that would be a waste of my time! Haha, may request a blood test just to check if I have or haven't ovulated already yet. It took us 6 months to conceive our first hope it doesn't take 6 months just to get a period back! Haha

Hi, I'm new to this site and looking for some advice. I had my implant removed on July 11th as it caused dreadful depression and weight gain. Since then I have had no period what so ever. I had really sore breasts for a few weeks and neausea as well as bad stomach cramps and back pain and was convinced I was pregnant. Then suddenly I had a random bleed but it wasn't like a period it was whilst in the shower and lasted about 15 mins (sorry for too much detail) then nothing. I don't know what the bleed was but home preg test was neg. I haven't had a 'proper' period still and am again feeling pregnancy symptoms again but with neg test results. If anyone has any suggestions can you please help me. I'm very confused and feel it's all down to the implant. :(

Many thanks
Titchy TT

Hey :flow:

Well I had mine removed on the 29th May and got my first cycle on the 24th Aug - so almost 3 months! I too had loads of pregnancy symptoms but constant negative tests I started using OPKs and finally got a positive on 10th Aug. I am now on to my 2nd cycle and ovulated yesterday so fingers crossed I'm back to normal

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->