How long Did It Take You?...

Tyse

Reaction score
For those who have already had there first baby. I was just wondering how long did it take to concieve? Were you on birth control beforehand? How old were you?

I am 21 currently WTT but I thought I'd get better responses here. I am on birth control and have been for about 4 years I just want to get a rough idea on how long its taken people to concieve, I know it can take up to a year but I just want to get an idea of real life experiences :headspin:

My mum concieved me after 3 weeks having been on the pill for a few years so I'm hoping its the same for me :thumbup:

Look forward to hearing from you lovely ladies. :)x

I had 4 miscarriages with my ex. partner. 3 were in one year, then there was a long gap TTC until I had another MC 3 years later.

With my OH I went on the pill and we decided to NTNP after I was on it for 3 months, we thought we'd have trouble TTC because of my history but I found out I was pregnant with our DD less than 4 months later! :cloud9:

All the best when you're TTC! :flower:

It took us 5 months to get our first BFP, but that ended in miscarriage...it's been just over a month since and nothing yet...the wait will be worth it in the end!xx

I wasn't on birth control but my first ended with mc at 12.5 weeks :( then pregnant right afterwards with my son. I mean mc on march 5th and conceived my son march 28th. then got preggo with my dd july 07. We tried last year in the end of sept. got bfp then mc again the last week in november. so no i'm nervous about testing this time 4 days late, no sign of af

Came off BC in March pg in May. We werent even really sure we wanted to try and a vasectomy was still an option.
I got pg that fast off BC with my other two babies as well but that was over ten years ago and an ex husband. Guess i am very fertile lol

I stopped birth control at the end of January and got pregnant with my DD in March.

I was 31 and had been on the pill for about 10 years. I came off it early November and conceived late December while we were having a month of NTNP before we were supposed to start TTC in January:haha:

I was 27 when I first went off the pill and then 7 months later we conceived. Unfortunately, that ended in miscarriage at 12 1/2 weeks. :( Then another 5 months later we conceived my DS! We were actively TTC both those times (counting cycle days, tracking cm, etc).

With my first, I wasn't on any birthcontrol and got pregnant with him after being with my OH for three weeks (I was 16 so definitely wasn't trying). With my second, I was on birth control for about 6 months, missed one month and got pregnant. I was 17 when I got pregnant with her. And with my third, I was on birth control for three months, stopped and a year later I concieved. I was 19 (almost 20) when I got pregnant.

Heya :)
I was on the pill for a couple of years then came off. It took about 2 years to concieve but we werent preventing but wernt trying, imalso have pcos. It did take me a while for my periods to get more regular (about 40-46 day cycles) x

how long did it take to concieve? 4 months (4 cycles)

Were you on birth control beforehand? yes, had been on the pill for 18 months

How old were you? 20

I was 19 and NTNP, I fell pregnant after 6 months but had a mc at 5 weeks. then i went on to TTC (I was 20 by now) and fell pregnant after 7 months and now i have a gorgeous 11 month old! :)

I was TTC for 4 months, had been on the pill for 7 months, came off it in the July, had a chemical pregnancy in the October and then conceived in the November.

This time I've not come off pill but am still breastfeeding DS twice a day and have had some irregular periods since they returned in Jan.

This time I've had 2 periods since having DD and I got a :bfp: this week.

I had my baby nearly 8 weeks ago now & I don't want a big age gap between my children. I'm 18 in August just had the contraceptive implant put in, however me & OH don't want a big age gap between our children so by christmas I'd like my implant out & to be NTNP :) hopefully we'll be all settled in our home by then & have the money to support another little bundle of joy! xx

I was on the pill for 9 years and got pregnant first month off of it, was 24 x

none of my pregnancies were planned. we are "if it happens, it happens" kind of couple. I got pregnant with my first in Nov 2003 gave birth Aug 2004. Got on the shot was on it for a total of 3 different shots which is given every 3 months.

I got pregnant with my 2nd Sept 2005 gave birth June 2006, went on the shot for 2 rounds.

I got pregnant with my 3rd Oct 2007 gave birth July 2008. Went on the shot but never went back for additional shots b/c I started to gain weight.

When I was younger I was on the pill but I could never remember it so I gave up on taking it. I got pregnant with my 4th July 2011 miscarried Sept 2011, had d&e. Was waiting for my period to come, 15 weeks landed in the ER found out I was miscarrying pregnancy 5 Jan 2012. Got pregnant around the 10 week of no period, that is the only possible time. Had 2 periods got pregnant with my 6th pregnancy but 4th baby. Lost that baby June 2012.

I am not preventing ot trying but my body needs time to heal so if it happens, it happens and as of the moment I dont know how I would handle another loss, so I am getting on the pill once my period shows up so that way I can make sure for the next couple months I do not get pregnant.

I'd been on the pill for 3 years before stopping to ntnp/ttc. It then took us a year to conceive my daughter and my cycles never regulated. We're now just tentatively starting to ntnp again and hopefully we'll catch quicker. My daughter's just shy of 7 months! I started trying at 21, fell prgnant at 22 and had Tanwen at 23! I'm now 24!

Beca :wave:

Hi, I'm new but just to share, it took me about 3 years to conceive my first baby with DH. It actually happened after a surgery I had to go through after a blighted ovum, just a month after the D&E I was pregnant with my baby girl :)

I fell pregnant for the first time when I was 31 years old and approx 6 months off birth control, but lost that one at 12 weeks as it was a partial molar pregnancy.
Had a little break then as I needed treatment. Started over once I got the all clear and 12 or 13 TTC cycles on, another bfp, but lost that one at 5 weeks.

4 cycles after that, I got my third bfp and my son born last year when I was age 34 :) Its taken us 3 years all together.

I'm 35 now and we started ntnp from about 4 weeks after I gave birth. No joy there so we started TTC again and I fell pregnant after 4 cycles, lost that one at 5 weeks and I'm 3 cycles on from that now, just about to start cycle 4 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->