How long did you bleed for after birth?

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score
Reuben is only a week old, but how long did you bleed for?
It's calming down but I can't wait until I no longer have to wear these maternity towels!!

I bled for about a week. Not bad at all. Just had a brown discharge after the week so wore panty liners which felt so nice after those thick maternity towels!!!

I was around 5/6 weeks!! Did calm down after a few weeks and was able to go onto normal sized pads.

Mine has calmed down but not enough for me to feel comfortable with a normal pad yet :(

6 weeks. I noticed it got worse once i started being more active. This worried me a bit but then it eased off again and went. I wish I'd only hled for a week like PP!

Mine was about 8 weeks. After about 2 weeks I could of used normal pads, but with internal stitches and bruising from forceps, the thickness from maternity pads was a lot more comfortable!!

I bled for 6 weeks which I thought was about average? Sometimes it looked like it was going to cease, then I'd bleed a load more! At least if you continue exclusive breastfeeding you are not very likely to have a period for months, so just think of it that you are doing your next 6 months of periods in one batch. Congratulations too xxx

Mine was about 8 weeks. After about 2 weeks I could of used normal pads, but with internal stitches and bruising from forceps, the thickness from maternity pads was a lot more comfortable!!

I find the cushioning a blessing too with my stitches.

I was in the maternity pads for about 10 days, and then onto normal after that. Completely stopped around 7 weeks or so? It stopped briefly around 5 weeks, and then I started bleeding again around 6 weeks for a week or so.

Then I was all done!

Seems I took forever! 9 weeks with DD1 and 11 weeks with DD2!

2 weeks with Logan, just under 2 weeks with Rory. First week was super heavy, after that I just needed a normal sanitary pad. Period both times after a month. Xx

I bled for 6 weeks which I thought was about average? Sometimes it looked like it was going to cease, then I'd bleed a load more! At least if you continue exclusive breastfeeding you are not very likely to have a period for months, so just think of it that you are doing your next 6 months of periods in one batch. Congratulations too xxx

Thank you :)
That's a good way of looking at it!
Or that my body is making up for the 9 months of no periods lol

About two weeks then again at 5 weeks so got on the pill sharpish even though I am ebf ;-)

2 1/2 weeks with my son
3 weeks with my daughter

Bled heavy for like 2 weeks then continued bleeding lightly til 5 weeks and since I spot brown or pink off and on and I'm almost 10 weeks pp still wearing thin pads!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->