• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

how long did you ebf?

swampmaiden

Reaction score
Just curious to hear other women's stories. We're still going strong, and I'd like to know if anybody else truly exclusively breastfeeds, as in not even pumping... I'm not pumping and baby has never drank from a bottle yet either ( tho mainly because I just haven't gotten around to trying yet)... I wonder how common that is? Most bf mamas also pump, I'm assuming. I realize I'm lucky to be in a situation where Ican actually breastfeed on demand, and not need to use bottles but I'd love to hhear about others experiences also 😃 :)

I EBF for 6 months on demand and l am still breastfeeding on demand when I am with the kids (I work part time). I love it and so does DD2☺ I live in Canada and we get a year for mat leave. And between my 2 pregnancies and breastfeeding I haven't had a period in over 3 years!!!! I love it!!!!

6 months and carried on breastfeeding alongside solids until 21 months. I hope to go to 2 years with DD.

Six months EBF (with very minimal pumping, though I don't see any value in calling BF without pumping "true EBF" - there's no practical difference) for both children, and still feeding both. At this stage I will probably wean naturally.

We are coming up to one year, only in the last two days he has started drinking milk out of a cup, tbh I'm made up I can finally leave him for a while without worrying!

6 months :) we are just attempting porridge for breakfast, but I plan still breastfeeding along side solids if he wants it xx

6 months. Then started solids (baby led weaning) and still breastfeed on demand. I plan on nursing at least the full year, maybe two.

I work 3 nights a week so pump and leave bottles for those nights. I agree with larkspur, I consider pumping and bottle feeding breast milk still EBF.

About 5.5 months I think, I did start solids a bit earlier than 6 months if I remember. I tried to pump but i could never get much off and he flat out refused formula. I would've given the odd bottle if He would've took it.

I EBF until 6 months when we introduced solids. I continued BF until 15 months. I'm in the US and went back to work full time after 8 weeks. I pumped three times while working but continued to BF on demand until 15 months when I weaned my daughter. Pumping stinks so good for you!

With all four of mine so far I have EBF them for 6 months and started supplementing with babyfood and watered down juice after that until around 20-24 months when they weaned. It's worked out really great.

EBF with no pumping or bottles of any sort for 6 months then BLW this time. I'm going back to work in September, so have to start pumping and giving her milk in a sippy cup soon. I'm dreading it! So much faff!

With DD1, I pumped occasionally from about 4 weeks as I knew I was going back to work early and she'd have to take a bottle. We BLW from just over 5 months as she was "ready" (sitting unaided, reaching for food and putting it in her mouth etc). She didn't need to wean then, and we could easily have waited another month. Despite me going back to work at under 6 months, she had only breastmilk until age 1 when we introduced occasional cow's milk, and breastfed until just after her 4th birthday when she weaned pretty easily and happily with a small amount of encouragement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->