How long did you feed on demand for?

Bing28

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
How long did you feed on demand for?

I'm trying to get into a nighttime routine but find that feeding on demand sometime ruins this routine.

I have breastfed all 3 of my LO's. All of them were fed on demand until they weaned.

My first BF until 18 months and then weaned himself (i was pregnant with my 2nd at the time)

My 2nd BF until 2 years old and then he weaned himself.

I just had my daughter 3 weeks ago and she feeds on demand.

I dont do schedules while BF'ing. Not during the day or at night.

Us too, we BF on demand day and night. At 6 weeks old, we have 2 feedings at night on most nights and occasionally just one if he happens to sleep for a long stretch or 3 if he's having a harder-than-normal night. Keep in mind, it's too early for your little one to adjust to schedules (your signature suggests your baby is less than a month old), especially if you're the one making them. Much easier for you to adjust to your baby's schedule. By around 6-8 weeks he should start to form his own 'schedule' and night time routine (though few babies' routine will be like clock work, so best not to expect it to avoid disappointment), so things should start becoming more predictable for you. That being said, most breast fed babies (and many bottle fed babies as well) will still wake up to eat at night. It should gradually decrease, especially as they grow older/sleep longer stretches and also after solids are introduced, but it's reasonable to expect a couple of feeds at night give or take for the foreseeable future. Good luck and congrats on your new baby!

I am breastfeeding, and breastfed my older ones. My understanding is that its always on demand, it just becomes more predictable!

I still feed on demand at eight months and will continue to do so until he is fully weaned. He dropped his night feeds independently.

I've breastfed all of my babies and have fed them on demand until weaned (2+).

I fed on demand until my sons were about 18 months old.

On demand for duration of bf. Ds was almost a year, dd1 about 8 months, dd2 is currently a boob monster lol x

Fed on demand until DS self weaned at 17 months.

With her being so young, she goes through a lot of growth spurts. Feeding her through the day and night, while exhausting and sometimes frustrating/overwhelming, is important so your supply is boosted to get her through those spurts. Hang in there Momma!! The routine will come in time- for now I would recommend doing the same order each night (feed, bathe, read a book snuggle etc) but give yourself flexibility on the time. And know that feeding her when she needs it will keep her happy, reduce her stress level and in turn yours...makes for an easier time overall :hugs:

Hi we are still feeding on demand and he is now 13 months xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->